Friday Night Lights

We’ll most likely never play them again as long as we are a G5

I would make the trip no matter what lol

1 Like

I didn’t look at it that way. Good point.

1 Like

I flew up with the team the last time we played in Norman. Terrific stadium, very polite and welcoming fans. Nothing like my several experiences in Austin.

4 Likes

Not being confident you’ll win a game when you’ll probably be about a two touchdown dog means you’re not being a “real fan?” Huh … I thought it meant you had a grip on reality.

4 Likes

What ? Lol. That’s a real lame excuse why someone shouldn’t travel to go watch the football team play, if you are a real UH hardcore football fan. Y’all sound spoil & whiny for no apparent reason whatsoever lol.

Secondly, we’re still 5 months away from the season opener. It’s not like Major came back to coach the team. Y’all wanted a change and we got one from a coach who left a Big 12 successful program. No wonder some of the fan base has that reputation of having that small complexity way of thinking, sounding defeated already before the game is even played.

1 Like

You’re not making any sense. What does going to the game have to do with not being confident we’ll win? Actually I may go. If I do I’ll hope for the best, but I’d be foolish to walk into the stadium confident UH would beat a top five team after the Coogs lost 4 of their last 5, including a bowl game beat down. “Small complexity way of thinking,” huh? Hadn’t heard of that one. You might want to let this go.

6 Likes

Did she really say that? If so, in what context?

I went to Norman the last time we played there and got shellacked, I will try to make it again this fall and hope for a better result.

BTW, did Dixie Wooten get any action? What is up with him, I am pulling for the young man; he did a lot to help us recruit others in the area when we first signed him.

Yes she did. She remarked that she’d been to the practice Friday night and we’ve got our coach and he’s not going anywhere. She talked about having Sampson signed to a long term deal as well. Basketball got way more applause than football.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1117454078861352961

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/joeagleason/status/1116938182749245440

2 Likes

You haven’t answered this quote by Dana that differs from Renu’s point of view.

It looks as if Carmouche and Edgeston are the presumptive starters at ILB. Obviously that can change, but it’s interesting. Carmouche was a pretty big recruit coming out of Manvel. I think he had offers from Texas and Arkansas and several other name programs. Thing is he’s really big, like 255 or so. If he has any quickness, he could be really effective helping to bottle up the running game, especially with a 340ish NT inside. Edgeston is not that big but looks really fast on video, almost like a CB. I think he led the Mississippi JC league in tackles, so he could be a fine complement to Carmouche. We’ll see about guys like Gooden and Mutin and Milburn and Kirven.

1 Like

A real fan is one that supports the team win or lose. A bandwagon fan is one that only supports the team only when they win. A delusional fan is one that expects great things from a team that hasn’t even played a single down. Nothing wrong with being delusional, as long as you don’t start accusing others of not being “real fans” when they don’t share your delusion.

10 Likes

Hulk Holgo is speaking with forked tongue. Expectations will be high internally within the team, but externally to everyone else, he has to down play expectations his first year. Renu is an awesome administrator, but I wouldn’t place too much on what she says about the team winning or losing.

1 Like