Fritz vs Herman

2nd best out of 3? Lol. He wasn’t a disaster like Strong, but was below average looking at UT’s history and resources. I hope it doesn’t happen, but Sark (who I don’t think is a great coach either) has them lined up for a conference title and playoff appearance.

Exactly. Tell him to kiss the ring and be done with it. Welcome back. Would compete immediately.

2 Likes

Modern as in since early 90s the last 30 years. 6 coaches only second to Mack. Texas ain’t Bama. I’m not gonna say he failed because UT admin, boosters and fans are delusional. lol

Herman didn’t fail at Texas on the field. He failed off of it. He’s a solid coach.

4 Likes

I had a schnauzer named Fritz when I was a kid. Mean sumbi__.

2 Likes

They are for sure delusional, but they win 70%+ games historically. Herman didn’t match that and didn’t win a conference championship. Argument could be made he deserved another year, but he was average at best. 80% or more of the games they play, they have better talent. When your best season has 4 losses including a loss to terrible Maryland and Dana coached WVU, you don’t have much to brag about.

And I’m not going back to argue John Mackovic because I was way too young for that. Lol. I did see he won 3 conference titles though.

1 Like

Sure seems like a “solid coach”. FAU fans believe, right? All he needs is a Greg Ward. He’s just not as lucky as Scumlin, who happened onto Johnny Football.
Lightening only struck once for Herman.

Kendra Scott sabotaged him and his family according to the scuttlebutt!!!

Yall crack me up…Patterson is available and is a far better coach than Herman or Fritz…He would come and rebuild things…all we gotta do is ask.

1 Like

And then they won 2 in the nearly 30 years since compared to their arch rival Oklahoma’s 14 in the same timespan. What I’m saying is Texas has not been some behemoth in modern day college football. They’re more bark than bite. They’re a blue blood mainly because of their name and deep pockets and certainly not because of their results the past few decades. Herman’s record at Bama or OU and yeah it’s probably failure. But at Texas he was doing just fine and had he not upset boosters over the “Eyes” he’d probably still be there.

2 Likes

I think he would be great, as the new DC.

Patterson would be just as bad as Dana. His success would not transfer to UH. When will people learn retreads are basically never successful for a reason?

1 Like

Calling Patterson a retread is about as smart as calling Mack Brown a retread. Mack had a couple of bad years at the end of his Texas tenure and was pushed out, just like Patterson…Mack is happily kicking butt now with Drake May and a good North Carolina team.

3 Likes

And yet they will never win a national championship. Hence my point Paterson is a retread that we don’t need.

And what has Mack won exactly at North Carolina? Oh ya nothing…

Did Mack get angry at news conferences? Patterson just lost it the last couple years.

He built TCU and has a statue but they still forced him out. Great at defense.

The case for Fritz is Case.
Fritz has won a championship or two in every conference he’s coached in,
also coach of the year in every conference
he is a winner who knows how to win anywhere he goes.

He also has an expiration date…he’s not coaching past 10 years if he even goes that long.

you bring in Fritz and case as qb coach…you tell him, promote case to OC when he’s ready and then retire when he’s ready to take over…

I think he is one of the only coaches you could do this with…the other is wade phillips…but he’s a coach not a recruiter…

1 Like

I like the way you think. Fritz and Case would be awesome. Heck, I’d settle for Holgy and Case. That could be a killer combo

I agree with that. I think Sark is an average IQ with an above average understanding of offense. To his benefit he can buy the best DC’s in the country. But his in-game work seems frenetic…almost panicky.

Like your spirit, but Holgy and Case are like oil and water. You know Case is like a teetotal Christian yes?

First, pretty sure Case drinks. He owns (or partly owns) a winery.

Keenum enters the booze business! - Cougar Football - Coogfans

Second, I think Case and Holgy are friends and remain in contact.