Future schedules

I’d agree about Louisville bc it was on campus vs reliant.

2 Likes

We did not defeat Arkansas in 1976.

Lost to them in Rice Stadium. Also lost a road game to Florida.

1 Like

You are correct, I misread the record – and I should have remembered, I was at the game.

You forgot 1990 Mike.

6 of those years our scheduled isn’t completed so it’s hard to say how good or bad it is . #anothercoogfanagendathread

or this thread noted, “we hope those open slots can be used on better games”…games ar scheduled years in advance…this is the time to worry about what theyll be in the future…especially withthe next 2 years being extremely poor

I had considered 1990, but we only beat one ranked team, #20 aTm. But we lost 45-24 to #14 UT. We did end up #10.

1 Like

We were on probation and how did it affect our entire program? History tells us how damaging these orchestrated probations were. We all know what happened when the full effect of these probations did on our program. What Mr. John Jenkins did “behind close doors” is simply astonishing. I will always bring up the point that we actually never saw the full Run and shoot potential. We can only imagine what it could really have been if Mr. Pardee and Mr. Jenkins could have done recruiting players like everyone else.
To be able to finish 10-1 IMO is one of the very best coaching tenure that I have ever seen in college football.

3 Likes

I get the 1 for 1 requirement because so many P5’s want to stock up on home games and not return any favors. Everything is negotiable, so 2-1 with highly recognized teams seems ok. I don’t care for playing at Reliant. We moved from the dome for a reason. Let’s have our games on campus.

3 Likes

I got the framed panoramic picture of the packed stadium from that game.
It was awesome. My only regret is that I did not rush on to the field with everyone else after the game.

Good times Good times.

Go Coogs!!

2 Likes

I don’t know if yours is the same one I bought at the UH shop under the parking garage. It’s number 1 of 500 of a limited edition with 4 little pics below the big photo. Two of the little pics are on each side of the Limited Edition number block.

I’m glad I didn’t run onto the field. My son-in-law did and twisted his ankle when he landed from jumping over the wall. I’m too old for that kind of thing.

I agree with the notion of not playing FCS schools. Especially when I am schedule an FCS school to get six home games (unless I play six at home and one at Reliant). If I am scheduling an FCS school it should be for a seventh home game.

I am against 2 for 1s. Guess what. If you want 2 for 1s then you either have to be prepared to have only five home games some seasons or the sixth game is an FCS team looking for a paycheck. Because it is not likely you will find a P5 or G5 who will do a one game at our place contract or a 2 for 1 with two games at TDECU.

I don’t like it, but I am good with playing a named P5 at Reliant, but when we it should be either a one off or a two game deal like we had with Oklahoma. At the same time, we should have a six game schedule at TDECU with the sixth game at TDECU being an FCS school.

1 Like

I’m not against 2 for 1’s. UT can come here for two games anytime they want. lol

2 Likes

Okay. You got me there. That would work. Any other big time P5 program for a two for one with two at TDECU works for me as well. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It would never happen but UConn and BYU’s success in scheduling as independent is intriguing.

1 Like

“Being independent is hard cheese.” Bill Yeoman

3 Likes