Game 34: Memphis vs #1 Houston - AAC Tournament - March 12th, 2023 - 2pm CST - ESPN (L 65-75)

Imo, Marcus Sasser should sit out tomorrow’s game. Rest for the NCAA tournament. A #1 seed is likely for UH, even if UH lose to Memphis tomorrow. If Alabama wins over Texas A&M tomorrow, Alabama may be the #1 overall seed even if UH wins over Memphis.

3 Likes

Beat Memphis when they don’t have K. Davis and beat Memphis when UH doesn’t have M. Sasser. Who’s your daddy Memphis?

1 Like

Who starts if Sasser sits? Sharp or TA?

Arceneaux. Better defense.

4 Likes

That is truly absurd. Once the game gets going officials don’t care who wins or loses. Believe it or not they are evaluated all the time.

2 Likes

4 Likes

As a younger Coog (Class of 19’) I’m going to miss playing Memphis in Basketball & Football.

Truly the only school I ever felt was a true “Rival”.

But… I’m definitely Excited to play Big 12 Teams and develop new rivalries & history with those programs.

1 Like

I hope Sasser is healthy to go tomorrow, but we keep him out regardless.

I say Alabama is seeded over us tomorrow no matter what. The committee already showed in the early reveal they will hold onto that December result with all their might.

Good, a little more incentive coming our way!

Memphis’s total beat down of Tulane shows what was already clear: they are desperately hungry to win this tourney to secure a spot in the dance. Our place is certain so the incentive is much lower. But man would I love to leave the AAC with another sweep of the league and tourney plus a season sweep of the Mudcats.

Then again, the big dance is the priority so if that means sitting Sasser and risking a loss I’d absolutely take that if necessary to be at our best next week. Truth is there just isn’t good info about sassers I jury so I dunno if the reports of him being game ready are (1) even true and if so mean (2) he’s a gamer and will insist on playing regardless of the wisdom of the decision or (3) his groin is actually not that bad so he’a fine and there’s no need to rest him.

I hope it’s (3) but I bet it’s more like (2).

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1634751194080985091?t=_9ZU9iSyMr7_0McA9WA_Zg&s=19

D Will speaks.

Magnitude is actually quite low, my man

1 Like

I think Memphis is in regardless too

7 Likes

Last year their two regular season wins meant more. This year the’ll say AAC tourney title means more. We’re going to win tomorrow and give them nothing. CKS won’t say it but that is how he rolls.

4 Likes

Pretty sure they’re anywhere from a #7#9 seed at moment Butch. Win over #1 Houston will definitely bump them up a Seed line imo.

With no Sasser, im sure Memphis will press quite a bit, try to put pressure on the (2) freshmen guards

1 Like

9 seed on bracket matrix. Should be a 7 imo.

2 Likes

They are going to be a tough out for someone

2 Likes

A win on bracket day against a sasserless Houston isn’t moving anyone’s needle

1 Like