Game 35: #16 Northern Kentucky vs #1 Houston - NCAA Tournament - March 16th, 2023 - 8:20 pm CST - TNT (W 63-52)

Thoughts on Northern Kentucky from another coach’s perspective

Just posting any NKU games I find:

Theres on Demand Games on ESPN+ of NKU

Mon, 3/6 - Northern Kentucky vs. Youngstown State (Semifinal) | Watch ESPN via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1635068839393390592?t=PKPVsngwG3V_lLjvxcOAfA&s=19

Jim Nantz on the call
8:20 CST

3 Likes

What’s the actual minimum time between games if one runs over? I might try to catch the Auburn watch party before I head over to the GRB.

https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1635073323200843778

JJ Watt is ridin’ with the Coogs.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Epic!

Ima be there but love Nantz on the call!

A loud opposing crowd has worked well all year.

CKS is serious about this lifetime contract?

6 Likes

I don’t get it? Coach wants or has a lifetime? Or is that sarcasm?

Of course CKS has a ‘life-time’ contract at UH. He’s earned it and he can stay here as long as he likes. And he will be going into the college basketball hall of fame in the not too distant future!

6 Likes

He’s said this is his last job. And he’s signed for longer than he is probably going to keep coaching. That’s a lifetime contract.

11 Likes

Anticipating Sasser out and Walker’s great perimeter shooting, at 6’8" 240 we need to stuff him down low even if it’s him on one side and Roberts the other (really more like a high and low post) so they can out man out muscle NK for rebounds and close in shots. Keeping him out on the perimeter just isn’t working offensively. Keep this simple, dominate the inside down low and get to round 2.

I’m confused. A lifetime contract is an infinite number of years In a written contract no? John Calipari 64 signed until 2028 2029 i think they said it was a 10 year contract.

Coach is here until 2026-2027. That’s in 4 seasons. He’ll be 71.

Coach K retired at 75.

I was under the impression it was an obscene amount of money for an obscene amount of years. Not a finite number.

An infinite lifetime?

As ehog says, when Sampson says that, he just means his contract is good for as long as his coaching lifetime continues. The contract may have some kind of option provisions that keep it going beyond '27 if he wants that.

No reason to overthink it. He’s saying he’s not worried about job security if they lose.

5 Likes

I like the game time, its a metric I like to predict a winner in the bracket. We usually don’t venture west of the central time zone. So this won’t be too late a game for their body clocks, which is already messed up with DST this week.

1 Like

Sampson wants to shift the focus from his players to himself. It is a good thing for the players but hell for him. He knows what he is doing

1 Like

i’m not worried until a possible match up with miami. the acc may be down this year but being the top of it still means you were pretty dam good.

1 Like

Can’t be much worse than the 18,000 screaming Memphis fans when we beat them.

8 Likes

Coach needs a raise !! Due even before this season… just sayin’

4 Likes