Game 5: #3 Houston @ Oregon - November 20, 2022 (W 66-56)

This will be a tough game for sure

pesik preview

starters:
6’2 G Keeshawn Barthelemy - Colorado transfer, good handles passable shooter
6’5 G Will Richardson - all-pac 12 selection, good catch shoot, good passer not dynamic
6’8 F Quincy Guerrier - former all-acc/Syracuse transfer
7’0 F Nate Bittle - Former 5star - can shoot 3s and block shots
7’0 C N’Faly Dante - Former 5star - Elite level shot blocker, really good post score this season

bench
7’0 F Kel’el Ware - 5star -Projected lottery pick -
6’6 G Rivaldo Soares - Juco All-American

the biggest player in houston rotation is 6’8… when jarace walker sits …there is no one taller than 6’7

thoughts: oregon was beat was by uc riverside but absolutely demolished Montana st who is projected better, IMO oregon is a “matchup team” they will look dominant or bad depending on the matchup…their fatal flaw is that no one on oregon is great at creating their own shots… the play inside out…
they try to dominant the post wit this size and when you try to compensate, they swing it out to open shooters… if you can guard their size without leaving guys open the offense kinds dies

the matchup is so unique its hard to predict especially at their place with them trying to make a statement … most likely outcome is a houston 15-20 point win… i have a hard time seeing how they score on us… but the unknown xfactors are 1) its away… 2) we haven’t been raining 3s and they have endless shot blockers that might give trouble if we aren’t making 3s 3) ware/battle are decent shooters if they make enough to force post iso can roberts defend a 7ft by himself in the post… but wil stick to the comfortable win prediction

3 Likes

Oregon is going to get the ball taken away from them.

5 Likes

Be good to see how we do against better competition than the poor teams we have played so far

4 Likes

Sun night is Gonzaga v Kentucky then Houston v Oregon on ESPN.
Gonna be a LOT of eyeballs.

6 Likes

They aren’t even advertising our game lol

They talked about it during a break in the UCLA-Illinois game and mentioned it was a standalone game (I guess because so many are not right now)

I’ll be there wearing red with my lady and brother. First time at MK arena. I can’t wait!

4 Likes

One time I had to fly out to Eugene, Oregon to help my Mom after her fiance´ passed away…

It was at the same time as the Oregon graduation and the NCAA track & field championships…

I couldn’t get a rental car because EVERY CAR IN EUGENE WAS RENTED!!!

I was lucky to find one room in a fleabag motel to stay at before taking a van service to the coast…

Moral of the story… Always book your rental car and room early in Eugene.

2 Likes

Spread Currently Houston. - 6

Jumped to -6.5

1 Like

The last time that we played there, it was ugly. Hopefully we come ready to play this time.

1 Like

This is really a tough road opener. The game at Navy wasn’t really a road game.

But the court conditions really were.

5 Likes

It’s game day!

6 Likes

We are going to have to remain calm and not let the crowd mess us up. They will be ruthless.

1 Like

Now -7

Oregon is a mystery and it’s our first true road game. Time to make a statement Coogs!

We came ready and focused that time. The team just wasn’t ready for that time of game on the road

-7.5 now on Bet Online. I like the direction this is going :smile: