GAME THREAD: Cincinnati (16-12) at #1 Houston (25-3) 2/27 6pm ESPN2 (W 67-59)

12 Likes

This is a classic trap game situation with OU next after this but these Coogs are all business and won’t have a big let down after the big Baylor win. CKS will see to that.

5 Likes

Keep the ship focused. All road games are a struggle; let’s get LJ going this game!

Should be ranked #1 come Monday!!

3 Likes

6pm start on a weeknight is rough. Gotta imagine stadium won’t fill up until halfway through the first half.

It won’t

Sampson said there is no trap games. You only look at one is in front of you not ahead of you. One game at a time.

2 Likes

That’s why it’s a trap

2 Likes

5 Likes

The timing of his tweet. And Ramon injury :thinking:

1 game burns his redshirt.

Also, Ramon was a forward. I just dont see needing a 6’3" KJ out there.

Ramon is listed as a 6-4 guard on the roster cards given out at games. But I don’t want to burn a redshirt if we can possibly avoid it.

1 Like

Cincinnati will never be a trap game. We owe them a lot of payback for years of ass whoopings.

12 Likes

No need to burn his redshirt. Mess with the dynamic. He hasn’t played a game all season and we have 4 games left.

Sampson wants the team to succeed but he also does what’s best for the players. And for KJ he should play the next 4 years after this year.

It is a very cryptic tweet with the timing. But I feel like the kids post this stuff all the time alluding to their time.

And KJ is getting the Sharp treatment. He’s getting kind of forgotten about even among our own fans. There’s not much film on him but he can really play. I don’t know how many of y’all have seen this but it showcases what makes him good.

The reason I like his potential to play point guard is because of his potential as a passer. Watching him in high school he showed a willingness to make more difficult passes and make outlet passes after securing a rebound instead of just easy passes on the perimeter that happens in a lot of high school ball. That willingness to try passes even if they don’t workout show that there is a potential to get better if he works on it. Not just the actually skill but his mentality to make certain passes.

3 Likes

cks will have the team ready to play come tuesday either way but i don’t think it’s that controversial to say theres letdown/trap potential

This team could win the national championship. Burn Jefferson’s and McFarland’s red shirts, if necessary.

8 Likes

My guess would be that with Walker’s injury he’s been told to prep because he might be the 'in case of emergency" guard if another injury comes up. I would assume foul issues wouldn’t be a reason to burn the redshirt.

3 Likes

That’s exactly why you don’t burn their red shirts. Those guys aren’t ready to make a serious impact on a title team.

2 Likes

I believe they led the all-time series 28-1 as recently as 8-10 years ago. We owe them years of retribution to even the score (literally). May take a decade, maybe 2.

2 Likes

Cincy will score 55 +/-5 and we will win by 20 +/-5.

2 Likes

If you are not having rearrange your schedule and fight Houston traffic to try and just walk in the door by 6 no negative comments on attendance. It would be so much easier to sit this one out at home, but the four in our group will be there. Severn would be sooo much better.