GAMEDAY THREAD: Houston vs. SMU from the Fertitta Center - 8pm on ESPN (W 90-79)

Hope I’m not over stepping here by making this thread, I just want to get it going.

Last home game, coming off a big loss to UCF, I think we come out swinging.

Im putting the loss to UCF squarely on my shoulders. I was out of town and was not able to watch a single second of gameday or the game so, my bad guys.

Looking for a big win tonight. Yuge!

If someone else can out up the usual links and twitter feeds and insta posts that would be great, thaaaaanks.

Go Coogs!

8 Likes

Finally, someone found the real reason we lost. Glad you weren’t afraid to accept your culpability.
Your punishment for such a sin is to watch all Coog games for the rest of your life.

1 Like

You’re allowed to start the threads; in fact, I appreciate it.

Here’s the preview:

Time 8 p.m. • Thursday, March 7
Location Fertitta Center (7,035) • Houston
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets SOLD OUT
Parking Parking Map & Info
Television ESPN
Radio KPRC 950 AM
Pregame show begins at 7:45 p.m.
Live Stats Live Stats
Game Notes Houston Notes

ABOUT SMU
• SMU has posted a 13-15 record in 2018-19 with a 5-11 mark in American Athletic Conference play.
• Mustangs are tied with UConn for ninth in the latest league standings.
• SMU has lost its last three games and eight of the last nine.
• SMU is 2-6 in road games this season.
• In its most recent action, SMU drooped a 67-55 decision to Wichita State on Sunday in Dallas.
• Against Wichita State, freshman forward Feron Hunt came off the bench to lead SMU with 14 points on 5-of-6 shooting… Senior guard Jahmal McMurray added 13 points with five rebounds, while sophomore forward Ethan Chargois totaled 13 points with eight rebounds… Sophomore forward Isaiha Mike led SMU with nine points, while McMurray and freshman guard CJ White tied for team-high honors with three assists apiece.
• This season, McMurray leads SMU with 17.8 points per game… Chargois and junior guard Jimmy Whitt Jr. are tied for second among the Mustangs with 12.0 points per game with Whitt’s 4.1 assists per contest pacing the team… Mike stands fourth with 11.9 points per game.
• Head Coach Tim Jankovich is in his fourth season at SMU and his 13th season as a collegiate head coach.
• Jankovich has compiled a 69-36 record at SMU and is 226-157 as a collegiate head coach… Previously built a 104-64 record at Illinois State (2007-12) and a 53-57 mark at North Texas (93-97).
• Jankovich is 2-4 against Houston during his career with all five previous meetings coming during his SMU tenure.
• Jankovich is 2-3 against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers, including a 2-3 record during his SMU tenure.
• 1982 graduate of Kansas State.

5 Likes

3 Likes

They’re not gonna leave Sunshine in long. That’s one small starting lineup on the perimeter. Plus you know Galen and Corey will be setting him up from the beginning to get his 3. He should be practicing baseline 3s all day.

5 Likes

Hopefully we can take them to the woodshed tonight so he can get some more playing in the final 5 or 6 minutes.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, Whitt Jr. had a really nice game against us in Dallas. We seemed content to let him score inside the arc and focused on shutting down McMurray. Our depth took over in the 2nd half too.Looking forward to getting back on track on Senior Night! Go Coogs!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TomPenders/status/1103478981091840000

7 Likes

FYI…Seniors will be honored at 7:35pm so get their early.

1 Like

God bless Tom Penders.

Could anyone ever imagine James Dickey doing something like this?

9 Likes

No !

Bold prediction: sunshine drops 30 on’em :smirk:

4 Likes

Reid is going to be calling the game nice!

Tilman called in to the MT show about 30 min ago. Said he was driving around and wanted to talk Coogs and Rockets basketball. Spoke about Galen being the one guy who stuck around for CKS and how House left for A&M and now with Rockets. Small world.Sounds like Tilman will be at the game tonight.
https://twitter.com/SportsMT/status/1103732208144211968

5 Likes

Could you imagine TP doing this? I don’t get the fascination with Tom?

If we are playing well I think Goesling plays the first 4 min stretch snd the game dictate the rest.

Go Coogs!

I predict a pack house. Game starts at 8 pm.

Im ready for them to get back on the court and get back to winning! Im sure the players feel the same way.

2 Likes

For real. This layoff has felt like an eternity since Saturday. So glad we have a game before Cincy to get the emotions back in check.

5 Likes