Gameday Thread: UH @ Memphis 2/22 1 PM Central ESPN2 (L 59-60)

I like Houston to struggle in the first half but finally wear down Memphis in the second and leave Tennessee with a 11 point victory.

3 Likes

I like Houston to play well both halfs! This will be better for all of us. :grin::smiley:

5 Likes

have been looking forward to us beating Memphis all year, can’t wait for this game!

3 Likes

If Grimes misses the game how much of a difference does that make?

What’s the word on Grimes?

grimes is unlikely, but not officially ruled out
a weird stat line from grimes, is that he plays his best games away, especially if they are playing man,… on paper this could have been a big game for him…kinda hope he plays

4 Likes

As mentioned on another thread, it just seems that with 8 days off until we play again, rest is best for Grimes. This is an important game but there are so many more in the future. Agree with Pesik that this game is one he would do well in. Plus it is Memphis

1 Like

You never know which Grimes will show up; sometimes its Tarzan, sometimes its Jane. When he’s on, he is really something, when not, he just disappears.

2 Likes

No doubt Memphis suffered a huge setback when Wiseman decided to leave campus…but they are still very talented, probably the most talented team in the league…
But the Tigers seem to look out of sync to me and seem to play street ball at times…blame it on the coach or what I call fivestaritis…whatever I hope they do not rise to the occasion Sunday…everyone gets up for us, and Memphis will be no exception…

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1230931443083169792?s=20

The glide is my second favorite player of all time. Happy for Mills, but I don’t know how I truly feel about this. Pick another record. lol

Good thing to remember for tomorrow, Precious only shoots 57% from the charity stripe.

1 Like

Coogs open as 2.5 point favorites.

2 Likes

For one game I’m really not worried if Grimes or Deeky misses one, we’ve won pretty big games with one of them out or benched due to not playing well. I’d be more worried if Nate, Fabian, Mills, or even Harris were out. That’s not a knock on Deeky or Grimes or saying those guys are better or worse. It’s just those other guys play such an important role in “what we do” they would be missed from our game flow and strategy.

I’ll say this too we just played a game essentially without Grimes in which we took a team to the woodshed that a few weeks ago took Memphis to the woodshed.

That tells me Vegas thinks Memphis has not packed it in or we would be favored by more.

Mills is in a bit of a road slump. If we can get home game Mills on the road we win out regular season.

3 Likes

The books know how salty our league is. He’ll, everybody does.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1231017975039365122?s=20

1 Like

Any pix of the fertilita center like this? For some reason I like seeing empty stadiums like this

The Indiana gym is creepy like that.

1 Like