Games of Interest: 3/4/19 - 3/10/19

UCF up by 8 on Cincy at the break.

2 Likes

With 3:30 left to play UCF up 7. 2:30 left to play and it’s tied. Heck of a minute for cinci

1 Like

UCF beat Cincinnati

3 Likes

With Memphis and WSU improving this league is going to be deep next year

5 Likes

We have a share of regular season conference title now?

1 Like

I’ll add USF and UConn to the list as well!

3 Likes

Worse case is share. Outright Title if a W on Sunday.

2 Likes

Sounds familiar. UCF is going on a similar run to us last season right now. We got hot at the right time, beat some strong teams down the stretch and used it to springboard to a conference final appearance and a 2nd round tournament berth. Wouldn’t mind seeing UCF do the same.

That’s as sensible an explanation as one could expect from UC’s 58-55 loss at Central Florida, a game in which the Bearcats shot 37 percent from the field, 50 percent from the free-throw line and lost the rebounding battle by seven, yet still had an open look at a 3-point attempt as time expired that would have sent the game into overtime. Instead, Cane Broome’s final heave fell just short, taking Cincinnati’s shot at an outright regular-season American Athletic Conference title down with it.

2 Likes

Congrats to UCF thanks for being consistent and thanks for the assist. Seems to happen a lot in football for us where a team plays the game of their lives versus the Coogs then goes back to mediocrity.

4 Likes

Temple had a solid W last night but they are right on the bubble projected first four in Dayton on ESPN. Temple is also in serious danger of going 0-2 their next two games. UCF and then 4-5 matchup with Memphis in Memphis, where Temple has already lost.

IMO losing those 2 could knock them out.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1103841096021340160

5 Likes

Yes I agree, I think for sure they need to beat UCF at Home to secure an at large bid and maybe even win one Tourney gm as you state. Tough bec I want UCF to get best seed possible in the Dance so maybe they can win a gm or two and make Conf look good. In the end I rather see 4 teams in though even if it cost UCF a line or two in seedings. AAC is on the Rise!!

3 Likes

Aside from us, I predict Wichita State will win the conference tournament and earn an at large to the dance.

1 Like

I think Memphis(if we don’t) takes it. They’ve been playing well and are tough at home.

What has to happen to bring the AAC Tournament to the Toyota Center?

If it was planned in advance, the Rockets could play on the road for that scheduled week.

It’s frustrating to see Memphis get automatic home games for this tournament.

Not fair.

1 Like

It’ll be in Fort Worth next year and the two years after. They’re trying to bring it to a more neutral site.

4 Likes

Starting next season the AAC Tournament will be held at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth for, I think, 3 years? Houston would be even better, but I’ll trip to Fort Worth!

2 Likes

Dickies is in a very nice part of Fort Worth. Plenty of reasonable hotels and restaurants, good night life. Not too busy.

Not sure they have the depth for 4 straight games. Otherwise I agree.

1 Like

3 games. Tulane is a middle school team.