“Get off my lawn”

Yeah, I get them paying the bills but it is a vibe killer. Like the field goal competition at halftime though haha

1 Like

im talking about during the breaks not during the games.

They are not allowed to play during breaks unless it is programmed.

I didnt know that. i know the band director has ear plugs and waits for a signal but i thought the drum majors chooses songs to play during breaks.

This job posting shows how much we care about the Spirit of Houston.

The Moores School of Music at the University of Houston invites applications for a non-tenure track Visiting Assistant Professor position to serve as Director of Athletic Bands and Spirit Groups.

According to my calculations, the band director at Southern University is paid about 3X what the U of H director is currently paid.

The band is made of students. It’s the UH band!!! That is college environment. I like the DJ, but the balance is off.

My perspective. I thought the DJ was badly done but I don’t care if the end result is the students/players like it. In the middle of the second quarter, I pointed across to the half empty home side and said “our current fan support” and then pointed to the fully packed, jumping and chanting end zone and said “our future fan support.”

I’ll let the students decide if the DJ stays or goes.

2 Likes

I’m disappointed that we gave up the Houston Cougars chant. I remember games at the Rob when the chant was a wall of sound blasting back and forth, here’s a video: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DwCZZzyXJ-L8&ved=2ahUKEwiltOaAkvLdAhUQUK0KHaI_DJMQtwIwAHoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Jl6rJwNIibK1VhQzbEE6I

3 Likes

That lady is very beautiful, but she should stay away from any microphone; her shrill voice hurts my ears!

Another thing: the Frontiersmen should know how to fly the Texas flag; they came out on the field flying it upside down! They did correct it later, but there is no excuse for ever flying it upside down; just look at the darn star!

2 Likes

There should be some sort of compromise. The students seem all in on their new chant. Maybe have the cheerleaders go back to the end zone and do that chant pregame since the students pack the stadium before kick off and then at the end of half time, have the cheerleaders lead the Houston Cougars chant for the rest of the crowd.

1 Like

So why did the students leave if they were enjoying that stuff?

3 Likes

students always leave early for some reason. when i went to the game vs texas tech the student section was empty after halftime.

This was my first game of the year, came down from Dallas to watch it. Was the music at the game a one time thing, or has it been like that all year?

all season. they added it with other things at tdecu to improve the gameday experience.

Well then, why make it miserable on those of us who remain and aren’t 20 years old?

1 Like

i’ll be 28 in 13 days. im not miserable.

debatable

9 Likes

Beethoven, Bach and Mozart would not go over well with our student base . . . . .

2 Likes

I was 28 almost 44 years ago and I find it extremely annoying.

2 Likes

well sorry that tdecu dont accommodate you.