Gorham

Gorham doesn’t have Rodman’s ability to quickly jump multiple times in a row but he does have his knack for positioning.

I continue to be amazed at how Justin sometimes gets boxed out under the basket yet is still able to get the rebound by going horizontal. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen someone do that as often as him.

If you ever played the 4 or 5, then you know how fun it is to watch him battle.

3 Likes

it was dejon and gorham…but dejon post included greshman and insinuated it was both of them…but it wasnt official or anything, im sure theyll change their mind if its the right decision

You talked up Gorham all offseason. And now he’s living up to your hype. Haha. I really want him back next season. Would be HUGE.

2 Likes

Breaking! This “Justin” the Dark Knight of Gorham City rises.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1346194824198819842

3 Likes

19 rebounds. Let that sink in.

Some bigs start every game their junior and senior years and never get 15 rebounds in a game.

What we’re looking at, gentlemen (and gentle-ladies), is something called a “breakout.” All great players have theirs. And it starts like this.

I always thought that the Big E “averaging” 20 rebounds a game in his college career was phenomenal.

5 Likes

I think that the two guys who did the broadcast and clearly were P5 guys who basically spent a lot of time talking about the big 10 schools being so good compared to the AAC people actually said one really good thing and a compliment about the Houston Cougars. He said that as a team we are relentless when it comes to rebounding. I thought and think that is true because every one on the team goes after rebounds and loose balls.

Gorham is just a tremendous team player.

I imagine that he wears out opponents and that they become angry, then despondent, going against him.

3 Likes

His only problem last year was I’m not sure he knew his role and was very tentative.
This year he hustles his rear off and doesn’t get all rattled when he misses a shot.
He is our most improved player and the younger guys like Mark, Roberts and Shead will learn from his leadership

5 Likes

Gorham is a rebounding machine and 9 offensive and 19 total rebounds is great, a combination of hustle, blocking out and knowing when to jump.
Outrebounding SMU 45-32 was a big element of the win.
It was a different style game in the 1960s and '70s, but UH had school-record 91 rebounds in a game against Rice in 1974.
NCAA record: Kentucky 108 rebounds vs. Mississippi in 1964.

1 Like

Just wondering to what extent he is the poster child for Sampson when it comes to player development. Anybody know if he was this type of player in HS or Towson?

His problem last year was Fabian W. was ahead of him n he didn’t get the consistent mins. Plus u had Harris taking lot of paint area.

It WAS phenomenal!

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1347006230817026050?s=21

3 Likes

OI see what you did there… For the City!

Any chance we can get Gorham to come back next year :sunglasses:?

Fabian WHO.

You know what sucks about Mills leaving, Gorham was coming into his own and UH was being a pretty sickly good and complete team.

We still are, Broski. Enjoy the ride. stop looking back.

Gorham has easily been this team’s MVP this year. One of the commentators last night said Gorham can beat you with just his rebounding and I agree. His offensive rebounds down the stretch were daggers. It would be nice if Sampson can somehow get Chaney to rebound like that to give Justin more time to rest on the bench. Gorham is playing so many minutes and plays those minutes so hard that I’m worried about him wearing down before the year ends.

4 Likes