Great article on Dane Roy

2 Likes

1 Like

I read an article where he wins the award.

I love to see the guys come in and get their degrees. This is what it’s really all about. I just wish more kids would get more marketable degrees than some tend to go for.

4 Likes

Dane is such a class act and a great ambassador for UH. Last winter observed Dane a couple of times at the Fertitta Center watching men’s basketball. Fans would constantly approach him and he would always take time to talk to them, take photos, etc. My experience-last year before the Navy game in Annapolis, Dane came over and chatted with several of us in the stands during his pregame warm-ups. I wish him the best of luck after graduation and I hope he maintains ties to both the school and the city.

7 Likes

[Dane at the awards show](

You’re looking live from the Red Carpet at the Home Depot College Football Awards Show with @dRoy!

Oh, and hey @MariaTaylor :wave::wave:#GoCoogs pic.twitter.com/XBzUIGVCKV

— Houston Football (@UHCougarFB) December 12, 2019
)

I don’t know how to put the actual video on our board. But if you click on the twitter link above, you’ll seen Dane all dressed up at the awards

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1205301403750715405/photo/1

Looks like its down to 3🤞🏼

3 Likes

The punter from Kentucky was awarded the Ray Guy trophy tonight.

Agree. If the university were really energetic they could design degrees that prep athletes for technical jobs. Things they can grow from and make money from.

But I do think any degree, well-earned, is a tight bond to the school.