Greg Ward *might* not play on Saturday

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte
Houston QB Greg Ward didn’t practice Tuesday. Coach Tom Herman says he got shot in shoulder but there’s a chance he might not play vs. Lamar, If Greg Ward can’t play - Tom Herman calls him ‘probable’ for game - Kyle Postma would start with D’Eriq King as the backup

========

I have mixed feelings about this… I think if he rests it’s good… but reps are good too, also Heisman candidates need to play. Regardless, I am sure his well-being trumps all on the decision.

Having suffered a frozen shoulder 3 years ago, I learned how complex and delicate the shoulder is. If he has a deep bruise, it can smart. I am sure he got cortisone, which is a miracle treatment.

If there is any doubt, you sit him. No way you want to risk him vs a team our 3rd string QB should be able to handle easily.

1 Like

Cougars’ Greg Ward Jr. continues treatment on shoulder

Earlier in the day at his weekly radio show, Herman said Ward was sore after he received a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) shot Tuesday.

Let him get a few reps. No running the ball out either. Throw it away or go down… but don’t risk taking a tackle trying to run it out. See how Lamar responds. If our Oline keeps them in check and the pocket holds up, it’ll be good for Ward. I think he handled being in the pocket pretty well against OU. Of course OU had some big boys who gave him some good shots when he scrambled out of the pocket. But that shouldn’t be problem with Lamar.