Had enough of Whitting yet?

Case. And. Point. A Juco player was pulled from the bench and given three consecutive games and ended up homering to score our only two runs on Sunday. Time to shake things up and go deeper in the roster. There is a lot of potential sitting. The players that have been given all the chances aren’t getting the job done. This is when you see what a coach’s coaching ability is. Also, I’m a Whitting fan. Not on a hunt for him to be fired, but he needs to make more adjustments. Too deep of a roster to lose with the same players over and over again.

5 Likes

Biggio? Seems like a great guy but haven’t we tried the ex great Houston professional athlete coaching our teams?

2 Likes

No. Just no.

Plus I’m pretty sure he’s following his son around the country.

2 Likes

How about Terry “swimming” Puhl? I bet he would make the move from Victoria.

2 Likes

Good name drop.

Edit: Or who was the best player for the Astros in 1980 playoff series against Phillies.

Pass on Puhl. 299-296 overall, 5 straight losing seasons. Big fan, nice guy, coach here no thanks.

1 Like

Well Puuuhle on that.

He’s also in his mid 60s.

IF the move is made, which don’t see happening, go get a young, hard charger that spits nails…there is zero excuses for UH not being a Top 25 program in baseball

7 Likes

Now a dismal 172 RPI. Scrolling through the teams ahead of us is depressing.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize his record was so mediocre. Agree. That’s a pass.

1 Like

Yall had enough yet?

1 Like

It’s ‘felt’ bad for quite a while now. Hopefully the AD gets the hire right whenever that may be.

1 Like

Both Baseball & Softball picked in Top 3 for Conf Title. Baseball 4-12 next to last,
Softball 6-14 sitting 3rd from bottom.
No bueno!

2 Likes

CTW is signed through '23, unless one of the Big Cigars wants to write a check he’s safe…BUT…I agree with all, there is zero excuse for program being this shape

4 Likes

It’s difficult to say if a ‘big cigar’ steps in. It’s been running downhill so long, does it really matter at this point with regard to when?

Notice how little attention our program receives…

2 Likes

Crickets.

Anybody else notice the announcers for Tulane this weekend? They continued to talk about how UH has underperformed this season. UH is getting attention its just negative. Those announcers didn’t stroke their own players either. It was great. They spoke the facts. Talked about how their catchers couldn’t throw anybody out but one could really hit and needed to be in the DH role. UH announcers blow sunshine every time we play. Stroke players making them feel like they are all world when they aren’t performing. There is a player that hasn’t been pulled from the rotation yet and was batting 182. We need the best hitters on the field. The DH spot seems to have been used for injured players most of the year. WTH? Base running seems to be an issue. I’m glad to see that CTW has made some changes in the lineups but he needs to continue it when others don’t perform. Every player needs to step on that field and feel like they are constantly earning their spot and that’s not the case. Centerfielder was benched for striking out multiple times. He had some bench time and when he got back in there he performed. Others made multiple errors, didn’t hit in key spots and were left in the game. Why is he afraid to make some tough decisions? Scared they will lose… well that ship has sailed. Losing doing it the same way over and over. CTW seems to coach off the cuff. Its hard to watch. Not seeing much development going on and quite frankly it seems alot of the players/pitchers have seriously declined from the first couple of games. That is for sure a coaching issue. Wouldn’t be surprised if you see a lot of players trying to leave especially with the new transfer rule and then what? Gonna be hard to recruit with whats going on this year if some changes aren’t made.

4 Likes

I will never understand why we have slipped so much in baseball and women’s softball. Women’s basketball has been bad for years…why can’t UH recruit the local kids anymore?
That said there are local kids at UT and Tech and other schools I am sure that would be starting immediately here instead of riding the bench.
Not sure why Whiting is not able to recruit top players, especially in the Houston area…is it him or is it no one wants to come to UH anymore…
Anyhow it is all very troubling…

1 Like