Hello from an Iowa State Fan

The bottom 4 of the Big12 will probably be better than a lot of teams that make the tourney

5 Likes

Hello again Coogfans.com!

What an incredible matchup we have tonight on ESPN’s Big Monday spotlight battling for 1st place in the best conference in the country. The analytics have you as a sizable favorite tonight and rightfully so with the beatdowns teams have taken coming to the Fertitta Center this year.

Changes on our end from our previous matchup: Curtis Jones has emerged as a contender for Big 12 6th man of the year. After a quiet front-end of the season he has scored double digits in all of our most recent 5 games and is now 6th overall in the conference for steals per game. Keshon Gilbert has moved into our “need a bucket” role, now leading Iowa State in scoring; he had 24 again this past Saturday against Texas Tech.

Most ISU fans know Houston is out for revenge tonight and we expect another physical dog fight (good luck to the officials) Looking at the remaining schedules - the winner tonight is in the driver’s seat to win the Big 12 championship.

10 Likes

We have a game tonight?

3 Likes

Good luck @ClonesFTW. I am rooting for the home team but hope both teams finish the game healthy for the stretch run.

3 Likes

Yeah you are spot on here - never thought i’d feel sorry for the stripes — tonight is gonna be something. I’m thinking Izzo’s prime VS jay wrights best Nova teams kinda game. Either way health to both squads.

2 Likes

#2 vs #6! Should be one helluva rock fight.

5 Likes

Our rocks are bigger than their rocks.

If we get LJ from from Saturday as opposed to LJ from the first matchup with ISU, I really like our chances. I think the Cyclones will have a hard time stifling Shead, Cryer and Sharp on our home floor. As fun as the atmosphere was on Saturday, I think tonight will be even better.

9 Likes

Welcome back! Looking forward to this one. 24 from Keshon is scary, but I think we can handle him. Hoping both teams stay healthy but ends with a Cougar win :grin:

Looking at the rest of your schedule, i think wed have to ho undefeated the rest of the way to win the conf outright. Were riding shotgun id say.

I imagine they are going to try and frustrate Shead with the traps at the top and force him to get the ball out of his hands in early part of possessions. Ball movement by Cryer and Sharp when those traps come will dictate how our offense flows with Shead off the ball.

And I don’t see Iowa St letting Roberts work 1-on-1 in the low-post. Again, the swing passes and ball movement needs to be crisp tonight. We start breaking those high and low traps with good shooting, then they’ll be forced to stay home on more possessions. This will give Shead more opportunities.

Looking forward to it.

1 Like

100% agree. Shead is so clearly our “head of the snake” that they have to focus on disrupting him. They did an incredible job of this in Ames, so I’m sure we’ve been working on how to counter it. I would also look for J’Wan to flash to the free throw line when Shead/LJ get trapped out high. Getting it to J’wan often results in a wide open corner 3, or dish to Francis for a dunk.

Excited about the game tonight. A huge matchup for first place between two Top 10 teams. I love being in the Big 12.

2 Likes

To: ClonesFTW
Welcome to Coogfans.com and as a visitor I just thought I would provide you some foodie choices. I grew up in the Galleria area so that is where I would point you too. My favorite Tex-Mex is El Patio their all-time favorite menu which comes from Felixes originally on Westheimer in the Montrose area. It’s at 6444 Westheimer. Then for your late night tex-mex snack Tacos El Gato street tacos. Open all to early morning hours or until all food is gone. There is a cajun restaurant same area 7spice or in the 5800 block Papadeuxs. Can’t go wrong with those. Lots of Arabic and lebanese food on Westheimer as well. Enjoy. I say that as a visitor who spent some time 2 weeks in Ames where I found the culinary, gastronomic issues in AMes somewhat disheartening. Just in one section going down Westheimer, you will find food from all over the world. I’m sure fellow Coog members can point you to the restaurants in their area. Don’t forget to stop by Galleria. The wife will go nuts and it will empty your pockets but what they hey. Enjoy. Forgot, you are in BBQ heaven in HOuston. Lots of places to feast on. Stockyard BBQ is in the same block as El Patio. Great sides including a cabbage side to die for.

2 Likes

I will add to this, if you wanna venture out to Chinatown, Banana Leaf is my favorite restaurant in Houston

2 Likes

Cougs? I didn’t know BYU was playing. :stirthepot:

4 Likes

I guess it autocorrected… Look at my name… :rofl:

ahh congrats, you finally had it changed from Kyle_Be_Cougin

3 Likes

I think you actually were responding to byu guy about byu v isu and that’s why you went cougs. Never doubt Kyle b cougin (my bad it got fixed… coogin)

1 Like

Nah… You are right… @Tyler_Perry RONG again… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like