Helton gone @ USC

Herman just got fired less than a year ago, he was never going to be considered for a high-profile head coaching job this soon. But if Lane Kiffin can work his way back up, I see no reason Herman can’t.

2 Likes

He absolutely can be considered for another HC position just not at USC level at this time. I can assure you his agent will make a call regardless. His wife is from SoCal.

1 Like

Funny enough PFF did have him listed :joy:

12 Likes

:laughing::joy::rofl::grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Absolutely, I can see Herman, Todd Orlando assembling former Houston assistants in SoCal.

2 Likes

lol, we’ll see how that works out

Orlando just gave up 42 to Stanford

2 Likes

USC should talk to Chris Petersen, formerly of Boise State and UW. Even though he retired in 2019, it wouldn’t hurt to see if he has an interest to head up the USC program. He’s a winner, and USC needs a winner. As far as that goes, so do we.

6 teams in the PAC-12 South and his worst finish was a tie for third. I get a bit of a R C Slocum feel to this run – some success but not enough flashy seasons to hold on to the gig.

By all accounts, he seemed like a good guy and he is a Coog so I was rooting for him. Glad he made it 5 seasons when most never thought he would be the USC HC.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/tylerparkin_/status/1437531173195030529?s=20

2 Likes

USC is so strange, they’ve been wanting to fire him ever since he got the job.
Never fit in with the elites out there.
I’d take him in Houston though, but we aren’t looking for a new coach and hopefully won’t be any time soon.

3 Likes

Amen

1 Like

Orlando is the current DC at USC. He was passed over for the interim job. He’s out after this year, most likely. USC hasn’t been great in decades (without Carroll’s cheating). Just unhappy fans and donors. Gonna clean it out again.

If he wants to get back into coaching, that would be a no brainer. Had Washington in 3 straight major bowls. If he couldn’t handle (or didn’t want) the stress at Washington, no idea how he would at USC.

I’ll take Belk …

2 Likes

All top programs cheat. What they got caught for is the reason they are making the change now. The right coach can turn USC back into a dominant power with NIL and the resources they have.

1 Like

was about to click reply with this exactly. thank you.

1 Like

Dana Holgerson is easily the best coach in UH history, he even puts Yoemen to shame. USC would be fools to not have him at #1. Plus we could then use the buyout money to steal Jimbo Fisher in a true P5 move.

13 Likes

Only had 56,000 for Stanford in a rare night game.

UCLA had 68,000 for LSU (25,000 tigers).

Living in LA, all talk is Dodgers, Dodgers, Dodgers, Bruins. USC needs a high profile coach. Helton is so boring.

2 Likes

Thank you! The man gets 6 mil to hold a clip board, he’s living the dream. Stifle the the Case for this or that job rubbish.

2 Likes