Herman Lovers

Reminds me of a trophy girlfriend who dumps you, then she gets dumped, and you want her back. Please turn the page. There a plenty of good coaches out there who would love the UH job. Major city, lots to do away from football, major recruiting area, good facilities, and getting better, and most importantly, a President and a Board Member that get it.

My thought is see how the rest of the season plays out and then make a decision.

15 Likes

I don’t want Herman back. He is dead to me. But if he had stayed, no telling where we would be now. His schtick was a schtick that played here and didn’t play in Austin. Both he and we would have been better off if he had stayed. But alas his eye twitched.

4 Likes

Herman was the right coach at the right time. He’s not the same coach as he was then, and it’s not the same time (situation) as it was then.

15 Likes

Who wouldn’t want one of those sweet kisses? Lol

3 Likes

he’s burned a lot of bridges, not just here

2 Likes
  1. He’s not a girlfriend, he’s an employee
  2. Good and bad, he had his teams prepared week 1. His teams executed.
  3. We aren’t changing coaches now
  4. He’s likely not welcome back, and will win elsewhere
4 Likes

Except for Navy, Memphis, SMU……. In the same season we beat OK and Louisville.

5 Likes

I loved Herman when he was here and honestly hold no ill will against him for leaving, but I think it’s a situation where lightning can’t strike twice. That schtick’s not gonna play again here. I could buy into an older, wizened CEO coach version of Herman, but I’d have to be convinced that it exists, and that’s gonna take some time. I could buy into him as our next next coach if he goes somewhere else and basically proves himself again, though.

5 Likes

Life is timing

My vote is NO!!!…NOT JUDIAS HERMAN…don’t forget the kisses and loving to his players. That’s all it took for him to go from Saint to devil. He had some things he did I totally agree with but behind the scenes and in the back smoky rooms… no way.

1 Like

I’m OK with Herman if he’s the best coach available. I’m not certain that he’s the best coach available.

Herman is the best coach UH football has had since Yeoman :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I’m no fan of Judas Herman. He did take the silver from Texas. But when he was here there was excitement for UH football.

1 Like

No to Herman. His smooching players was a weird and gimmicky. His lying interview at Memphis was scumbagery 101.

He can come back if he can find the car that he left at the airport.

2 Likes

IMO, Pardee was the best coach since Yeoman. Too bad for us that he left for the Oilers.

5 Likes

He was here two years, I’m not putting him on any list of greats

1 Like

Coach Prime

1 Like

He was here for three years. The question was best since Yeoman.

Like Herman, Pardee era generated a lot of excitement.

Had he stayed, no telling what he could have achieved here.

Also Kevin Sumlin has to be considered.

If needed, why can’t we look for another hungry coach or coordinator to be HC. We found Herman so if needed we could do it again by looking at some of the great g5 coaches or coordinators. Herman is old news and would fail if he came back bc it’s all timing and hunger.