Herman Lovers

Plus for now, I don’t want to waste 19 mil of anyone’s money so we wait. Dana after this yr prob gets a new off coordinator bc he will need to do something to show he’s doing something lol.

Why is your screen picture a Houston city councilman?

Nope just 2015 and 16. Only two seasons. And he flirted with South Carolina after one

Herman sucked for that looking around way too soon. It was a great few yrs but it’s like on day one , he was looking. So say if we were big 12, he’d do the same but I’m thinking he might have stayed if we were big12 , not 100% sure but that would have helped unless he wanted UT no matter what like y’all say.

CTH thought he had died and gone to heaven. He had UT and LSU trying to outbid each other.

3 Likes

I am sorry, but why is he stupid for voicing his opinion?

Also, to say that CTH was the best coach since Yeoman is not far fetched. While I was a fan of CJP, lets compare the two, shall we:

1. Wins/Losses: CJP - 22-11, in 3 seasons, no bowl victories (only played in 1 due to recruiting violations during CBY era).

CTH - 22-4in two seasons, with win in NY6 Bowl. Also, CTH was 32-18 at UTee, including 4 Bowl Wins, one of which was a NY6 Bowl (Sugar) against UGA, a team coming off a National Title appearance.

1. Highest Ranking -CJP - 14th; CTH - 8th. Also had three ranked seasons at UTee, highest of which was 9th.

After UH - CJP was famous for three of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history:

1. 1991 Divisional Playoff against Denver - blew 10 point lead in fourth quarter
  2. 1993 Divisional Playoff against Buffalo - we already know about this!!
  3. 1994 Division Playoff against the Chiefs - allowed KC to come into Houston and whip us.

Sorry, but if any one is making a uniformed statement it would be you.

I am sorry if CTH told you he would call you in the morning but didn’t; it happens. Once in awhile we all get stood up, get rejected or get bad phone numbers (one chick once gave me the phone number to a furniture store). It happens. Didn’t stop me from asking ladies for their “digits”; if it had, I would not be married to my gorgeous wife!! :wink:

Also, why is everyone hating on a man for trying to better his career? In 2016, getting the UTee job would be like me becoming Assistant VP and General Counsel at Exxon. While I love my firm, if that job comes along I am taking it!! The man doubled his base salary, not to mention the additional exposure and perks that come along with being UTee’s coach. Its like UF fans hating on Urban Meyer (they are still butthurt). Sorry, OSU is a way, way better job than UF, and all of its issues since he left has proven him right. He got UF two natties, and stuck all of us with the insufferable Tim Tebow, so I will always be angry at him for that. Same for us with CTH - we have never been as good since CTH left, and honestly, never as good before, at least not in the modern era (not talking about CBY, no one remembers that under the age of 60).

Bring him back with silver coins.

Yet…we don’t vilify Pardee as much as Herman for taking a bigger job.

Remind me again of the big games Pardee won that were on par with butt kickings over Florida State, Oklahoma, and Louisville?

1 Like

We beat the heck out of Texas a couple of times

2 Likes

I always thought that was Spencer Tillman. I guess I just never zoomed in.

3 Likes

Bring Tommy boy back, yea that tells how desperate we are​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Texas sucked in those days.

Texas is back!

1 Like

We were all Herman lovers when he was here! Remember the MENSA coach? Assistant coach of the year? H-town Takeover??

I guess it’s too much to ask to maintain that kind of excitement about Cougar football.

2 Likes

I know right? I mean when CTH was coach, I was living in the NE (NY and DC). I would wear my UH gear and random people would come up to me and give UH shout outs. Everyone knew about us.

People just don’t realize how much CTH did for UH football. Heck, even CKS did a lot for UH football. Those Case teams were very popular outside of Houston. People around the country liked to watch us play exciting, pass happy football. Nobody wants to watch two negative yards and a cloud of dust.

Now the only thing we are famous for is CDH’s hair (or lack thereof) and his temper tantrums. Again, this is the absolute worst time for this to be happening to us.

2 Likes

I was referring to Pardee. He coached for three years.

1 Like

Good question. Hopefully I can provide a reasonable response.

Before Pardee, we were struggling during the dog years of Yeoman.

Yeoman’s last few seasons were…
5-5-1
4-7
7-5
4-7
1-10

It took Pardee and staff 7 games to get the Run’N Shoot executed properly. A new, innovative offensive system takes time, but once it was in full gear, UH was became the offensive darling of college football. Pardee’s record…

1987…4-6-1 Three losses by 4, 2 and 5 points. Beat UT 60-40.
1988…9-3 Beat UT 66-15. Beat #10 Wyoming. Finished #18 in final poll.
1989…9-2 Beat UT 47-9. Beat #18 Texas Tech. Finished #14 in final poll.

Herman’s first season was outstanding. His second season could have been outstanding, but he was distracted by other coaching opportunities. Pardee wasn’t looking to leave, but the NFL came knocking.

Also, take this into consideration…

Herman took over a Tony Levine program that went 8-5 and 7-5 in the previous two seasons.

Agreed. Herman won some prestigious games…Louisville, Florida State and OU.

It’s one thing to take over a winning program and give it a boost. It’s another thing to take over a beleaguered program and turn it around in one-half year and garner the national spotlight, not to mention a Heisman Trophy.

For the above reasons, I give Pardee the credit he rightfully deserves.

2 Likes

Herman also said that the bulk of his starters were levine’s recruits, elandon was like 3rd or 4th on the depth chart when herman came in

To give credit where credit is due, I think UH’s current rise started in 2003 with Art Briles. Recall in 2002, Dana Dimel’s squad went 5-7 (in 2001, we were 0-11) and he was canned. Art Briles came in with his “5 minute plan” and we went 7-6. There have been a few sub-500 season since, but I believe the expectations of the program changed when Briles became head coach.

Don’t forget before that when we were famous for jackets…