Herman taking credit

For comparison, how many draftees did we have the year after Sumlin left? Levine? Briles?

All of the players that were drafted this year were Sumlin or Levine players. None were recruited by Herman. Herman only really coached at UH for one year. Year two he only cared about 3 things, beating Oklahoma, beating Louisville, and getting the Texas job. No, I don’t give him a lot of credit for these players.

2 Likes

With six drafted in the last two years, it looks like Levine was a good talent evaluator.

5 Likes

That’s a great point. Often a Coach or Coaches can evaluate talent or be great recruiters. Coaching the same talent is a completely different thing.

Our DBs were well coached before Herman and his staff arrived.

Good Lord, please get over Herman. He came here and in one year produced one of the greatest teams at UH ever. He coached up Levine’s recruits and got us to a BCS game! Had it not been for all the hoopla over his leaving, no telling how good we have been last. But it is what it was…
Herman put together a great staff and won immediately. He immediately became a hot commodity and left just like about 100% of you guys would have done.
Whether he lied or was deceitful is up for debate, but he did what he thought was best for his career…folks need to get over him. If we could put as much support into Major as we do hate for guys who have left, we might be a step closer to P5…

7 Likes

The hoopla distraction was primarily on him. And I don’t think there is any debate on whether he lied or was deceitful

4 Likes

Whether he lied or not is irrelevant and hard to prove, but I agree he was the total distraction last year. Regardless, we fans seemed to be obsessed with him leaving. He made a career move and frankly I hope he falls on his face as the next Longhorn coach.
That said, he proved he could coach kids up here and also proved he has the ability to surround himself with top assistants, something that eventually cost Levine his job.
It just seems like people on this board look for things to moan and groan about. Just wait, if we lose an early game to UTSA or at Arizona Cougar boards will explode. I just hope Applewhite can overcome all the obstacles and keep us on a winning track and get us ready to go back to a BCS game…I am a lot more worried about things like this than crying because Herman left a couple of years early…

4 Likes

I guess this is as good of a time as any for a first post.

I don’t know bigmccoog. I agree with what you’re saying for the most part, but we differ in opinion in that one of the draws of this particular site, for me anyway, is that there isn’t really a whole lot of moaning and groaning going on here.

3 Likes

Well said, Butch. For keeping it real. :ok_hand:

I certainly agree with you Pacing…this site is very mild compared to the other one…I think that is why I migrated over here for the most part…that and Pray’s great coverage…guess I am just sick and tired of hearing about UT…lol

3 Likes

“You didn’t build that.”