Holgerson apologizes for Saturday's postgame comments

https://mobile.twitter.com/jdm2186/status/1574430420376109059

11 Likes

I wonder what was said behind closed doors after that circus on Saturday.

17 Likes

At least he apologized.

Now, let’s move on and beat Toolame.

33 Likes

He probably told them we need better players

6 Likes

His misbehavior flies in the face of everything RK stands for which leads me to believe she had a discussion with Pez and it was relayed to CDH.

13 Likes

Pez: taps glass of scotch with Dana at the home bar “hey buddy… This is coming from Dr. khator. Not me. But uhh can you say you didn’t mean to say what you did uhhh yesterday? Cool. I hope I can still come over. Hi Logan!”

15 Likes

He should start calling his own plays…a blind man can see this

signed
Ray Charles

10 Likes

Tilman to Dana: "Don’t worry about it, old sport. I got your back. She can’t touch you. I run the show here. Make a quick Mea culpa and forget it. "

3 Likes

If anyone is interested in the full presser, here it is (ESPN+ required):

2 Likes

Dana back to Tilman: “Me a what? I am a man and will defend my honor.” Coughs and snorts

6 Likes

This :100:

That made me laugh more than it should have!

This could end up badly.

Let’s move on and win!

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why our press conferences don’t include mics so that we can actually hear the questions. :rage:

11 Likes

Now we know why the play calls are what they are and we never really adjust to what the defense does. “Its 3rd and medium, you look at the call sheet and what’s on 3rd and medium you call it.” Just pick whatever flows from the call list for 3rd and medium.
I m not a coach but is that how it works normally?

According to Dana, Dawson is elite at calling plays.

This offense is here to stay.

Then Dawson needs to start showing it !!

1 Like

Exactly. I think he was probably talked to about it, but also I have to believe he said to himself, “What the f*** was I thinking saying that?”

If I had to guess, he will probably be much more measured in post-game commentary. You know the media will try and bait him to saying some more crazy stuff at this point.

1 Like

If anyone talked to him, he probably said the same thing and owned it. One of the things his players love is that he gets fired up for them. It’s probably also something that makes them cringe sometimes.

When we lose, immediately after he makes dumb comments. Don’t know if its poor communication or lack of self control. He later walks it back/clarifies with a “What I meant to say” type statement. Did it earlier in the season with the Parish comments.

I just think he’s a poor communicator in general at press conferences and he’s even worse when hes POed after a loss

2 Likes