Home Games to Stay on Campus

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1618745278672310272?s=20&t=GvbPQsehqZlJTupq2taCIg

19 Likes

Exactly right? Not moving games.

2 Likes

We will see read the article moving the Texas game to NRG could be worth 8 figures?? That’s 10 million dollars lol I bet it’s moved

4 Likes

Do that 4-5 times and there’s the money to take the football operations building up to $130mm. Grab it.

3 Likes

I believe ut will pay anything not to play in TDECU, so let’s hold them hostage for $20 mil plus an apology for a history of bad faith to us !
Just kidding,
Go Big12 Coogs !

10 Likes

I’ll trade the apology for another $5MM.

2 Likes

You people are crazy.

First, I don’t give a sh!t if we ever play those bastards again, but if we do and the home game is not at TDECU, I will not be there !

4 Likes

I’m tired of NRG, sound system sucks, environment sucks, I understand why we have to play the LSU game there but I prefer TDECU

4 Likes

I think the LSU game will be better than it looks. We have four years instead of a few months.

I think the UT game alone on campus will sell an extra 10k+ season tickets

5 Likes

Question is who will buy those extra Season tickets to attend that ONE game. Hmmm the million $$ Question. :thinking::grimacing:

2 Likes

The short termers should have no say in where we play our games. They can just shut up and get to the SEC to start getting the snot kicked out of them.

Edit: should have said CONTINUE to get the snot kicked out of them!

4 Likes

UT and OU have made it plain they do NOT want to play any of the new schools in FB next year…They have said so publicly. Eventually, the Big 12 will placate them because that is what they have ALWAYS done…Why do you think there has been a hold up on Big 12 schedule for next year?

Where? I must have missed it.

Why placate them they are in the big 12 this year, just make the damn schedule tell them this is how it is, if they don’t like it FORFEIT the damn game or get ur a$$e$ to TDECU and suit up, it’s simple!!!

3 Likes

Johnny, i had a Cougar friend who sent me some stories from the OKLAHOMAN, and man, they were unbelievable what they said…OU NOT only do they not want to play us, they do not want to even affiliate with us, be in the same conference with any of new schools, for even only ONE year…Their AD Castilglione was quoted as saying so. It was ugly…and i think Texas attitude only slightly better…Unbelievable arrogance on their parts…
Our attitude should be… fine, pay us 80 million and hit the road… Quicker our league is rid of both, the better.

5 Likes

UT already played us on Campus, at Robertson. A smaller Stadium than what we now have.

They routinely play at Baylor and TCU. Not giant stadiums. Especially before Baylor built a new one and TCU expanded.

This seems like a big nothing.

5 Likes

LSU’s a wildcard. Never know if they’re gonna miss a bowl or win the National Championship. Kinda like if Auburn smelled like corn dogs.

1 Like

I think we’d love to have Auburn or LSU’s wildcard status…

LSU has a legit chance to repeat as Champions of the SEC West.