Houston 81 - Auburn 64

What a comeback! From 10 down at halftime. GO COOGS!!!

15 Likes

GUTS

1 Like

Now that’s Cougar Basketball!

4 Likes

One of my all time favorite Coog moments.

8 Likes

Tramon Mark announced his presence with AUTHORITY

11 Likes

Whooped that A$$ by 27 in the second half……

Put that in your Pipe and Smoke It!!!

6 Likes

4 Likes

CULTURE!

3 Likes

One of the best comebacks
I’ve ever seen in my 48 years of watching cougar basketball

13 Likes

Auburn missed 17 free throws, 19-36. They would have to hit all of their free throws to tie UH. When 2 of the Cougars starters combined for 48 pts, UH is hard to beat. GO COOGS!!!

2 Likes

A lot of Cougar non-believers were reformed tonight.

5 Likes

Best win vs Auburn since Lewis

5 Likes

A little sweat ain’t ever hurt anyone. :sunglasses:

That double digit deficit was depressing. Our reputation was on the line. Mark that one down as a win. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :basketball: :muscle:

3 Likes

Only until the next time we go through a rough stretch. :laughing:

7 Likes

So, we beat Auburn in football in Birmingham and then our volleyball team beat them to go to the sweet 16 this year and then our basketball team also beat them in Birmingham to go the sweet 16. I wonder if Leroy Burrell secretly cheers for UH in all of these matchups. lol

10 Likes

Its okay to doubt the team when you’re sweating a big deficit in their home gym. Its just human nature. You should read some of the b12 boards when their team loses. Its madness and makes us look like that nun that used to sit behind loyola’s bench.

5 Likes

Spring branch “Coog” is absolutely in the mud

That’s fine. But some of this stuff is overreaction galore.

Our basketball team isn’t coached by Dana, funk!!

I agree. Saying individual players should transfer and stuff like that is silly. My achilles heel is criticizing the slow down when we’re losing. At least i like to blame that. But it things usually work out.

Charles Barkley said we should have held out Sasser until the sweet 16 to get him closer to 100%.
Could he have been right ?
Late in the 2nd half, with Sasser and Shead on the bench, we built up a good lead with Tramon at the point.
Maybe we need to try that combination again - Tramon at the point with Sharp at off guard and Terrance at small forward. For us, it’s a bigger lineup than usual and they are 100% healthy and able to play great defense combined with Tramon’s ball handling.

1 Like