Houston Astros 2024 Season

Wrong thread baller! :joy:

My Bad :grinning: :grinning:

I was like “Crap, all our starters are hurt again and we’ve brought up guys from Nowhereville.” :laughing:

1 Like

So the ump said it was sticky but the announcer said it was white

I like AJ’s take/Verlander’s 2017 take, why did MLB make the ball more slippery? More homeruns, at least that was Verlander’s hypothesis

2 Likes

That’s an interesting thought. A cynic might propose that these harsh suspensions for rosin on the inside of a glove are targeted at pitchers who are having success keeping the ball in the park, rather than any kind of “integrity of the game” stuff.

2 Likes

Javier throwing strikes tonight would be nice.

https://twitter.com/LeftyTravis/status/1791215432868720694

I get tired of them always messing with the ball….trying to reinvent the wheel.

3 Likes

Since MLB took over ball manufacture its like a new mix in the ball every season 1/2 .

El Diazblo !

Lopo ! Nice start in 33 Abs.

Big Jon still big but much more athletic lately.

2 Likes

Astros appear to be back on track.

I really like what I see from Loperfido.

Milwaukee will be a good test.

4 Likes

Pollard’s favorite incendiary tomato can is getting some reps.

3 Likes

Loperfido has that front foot action at the plate similar to Tucker.

2 Likes

Sweeping the A’s will never not be satisfying

2 Likes

Moved up to 3rd place - 5 games back.

3 Likes

1 Like

That’s golfing power the forearms

Double standard again

https://x.com/JeremyBranham/status/1791493132086825194

1 Like

I don’t know why “tomato can” and “gas can” make me laugh so fast but they do. I guess they make me recall American Legion days.

Our coach was like John Wooden. Very strict and never cursed. One time he went out to argue with the plate ump and the opposing catcher said something. He pointed at the catcher and said something and started for our dugout. That lit of the opposing coach. They both met on the mound screaming at one another. The only thing that sticks in my mind was him saying, “I’ve been doing this thirty years! And that’s too long to take sass from a sawed off, nineteen year-old tuna can!”

In private we started referring to him as, “Big Tuna

2 Likes

That was the dodgers explanation. I wouldn’t give too much credibility to the gLAsshouse gang.

2 Likes

Gonna be tough tonight……

Freddy P. Is no joke.

They need to be patient….we’ll see if they are.