Houston Basketball adds Crump, Jones, Netherly, and Sidney to Roster

HOUSTON ADDS CRUMP, JONES, NETHERLY, AND SIDNEY TO ROSTER

Jones is eligible to play in the 2019-'20 season for the Coogs.

Currently, it’s not certain whether or not any of the three transfers will be eligible in 2019-'20.

We need them all.

1 Like

My biggest disappointment has been the lack of recruiting really solid local players. To be honest, we have not had a lot of luck with transfers, although this could be the group that makes a difference.
For the life of me, with all the new facilities and fertile recruiting grounds the Houston area offers, I cannot understand why there is zero, or at least very little, buzz concerning UH women’s basketball…

1 Like

It comes down to d coaching staff. Me and @pray10 agree that it’s a make or break year for Ron Hughey. Need to make the Tournament. Need to finish 2nd behind UCONN, even though they have taken a few steps back to d pack.

1 Like

Both guards are more likely for depth purposes. Neither shot it well, but both seem like they can rebound and carry defensive potential. With better coaching and schemes, will help their games. Crump is the prize of the four. Can shoot it and defend and still has upside. Played for a winning team and got freshman of the year honors in her old conference. Should be eligible immediately due to her cause of transferring. Athletic and long 6’1_wing with lots of potential left. Jones is a big who can block shots and should contribute right away.

1 Like