Houston Chronicle sheds light on UT & recruiting rankings

This was in today’s paper. It says UT is recruiting well by the services but they fail to develop talent and when a kid signs with them, his star ratings go up. This has been mentioned here on this brd over the yrs now the chronicle is saying the same.

Mainly I’m posting this bc the recruiting services want to sell magazines so p5s get higher stars some of which are suspect so they can sell more mags and p5 schools buy more.

I firmly believe that we’re getting better athletes than what the final rankings say and if we just get 3 star kids we can be a top 25 team with coaching/the right coach. They tend to take stars away if they sign g5.

4 Likes

Case Keenum was the biggest example. RANKINGS are made up mostly.

3 Likes

I think the proof is how many make the NFL.

I wouldn’t be surprised if UH has produced more NFL talent over the past decade than Texas.

4 Likes

I always think with some exceptions, the recruiting ranking is the tool that the P5 can be ranked the the preseason so that none of the G5 can ever get there.

4 Likes

Grant Stuard may be equally great. He was a 2* I think and if he does well in the Senior bowl, maybe he gets an invite to the combine, if they have one.

2 Likes

Also coaching is the biggest X factor. When UH has good coaches in bb and football , we’re good with those same 3 stars. We beat fla st with 3 stars for ex. and often times 3 stars play with more hunger.

1 Like

A Houston 3* is better than any 4* anywhere else…just saying

4 Likes

Also with award such as Heisman trophies, they rank some higher so the can win.

Sad thing is Texas lower ratings on recruiting is a banner year in recruiting for us.

1 Like

The good news for Herman is that he has the opportunity this year to break UT’s 10 year streak of losing at least 4 games a year.

3 Likes

If we have good coaching , we can be a top 25 team with 3 stars. Sampson is an ex and Herman had us destroying fla st with 3 stars other than Ed. I do really believe we need a dual threat on roster to pop in as a change of pace. LSU has no problem rotating qbs like that historically. I know it’s a confidence issue with your starter but I think you lay it out as we need to win and your still the starter but now and then we’re rotating. I hate that coaches are stubborn on this mostly.

Once again, the “Houston” Comical concerns itself with “it’s” hometown team; you know, the team over in Austin, not Houston!

2 Likes

So this is how I know we’ve gone a little off the rails on the Chronicle. “I can’t be believe the Chronicle is dragging Texas for being mediocre! They should be singing or praises for ascending to mediocrity!”

2 Likes