Houston Cougars 2021 position previews: Defensive line

So with Nwankwo definitely in the mix along with Justin Beadles, a 6-6 edge rusher via Va Tech who transferred after i posted this, this DL is looking even more ferocious.

And just a bit ago, we got another DE (for the 22 class) via my alma mater, Stafford, on the SW side of town near Sugar Land. Kid looks legit!

1 Like

So were charges dismissed?

LOL, good strategy Red
I always try to get my appointments early in the morning when I seem to have a little less poundage. And then I starve myself with no breakfast lol
but brother don’t worry, I make up for it at lunch
Go Coogs

I just posted the tweet, I have no clue about the charges.

I think we’re trying to build a def where we can rotate a fresh group every 4 downs or so like many good programs do so we’re getting a lot of def recruits to help with that strategy.

3 Likes

What? Quality depth, who ever heard of such a thing? :wink:

No. Next setting is July 1.

Maybe his latest posting indicates some sort of deal is in place or anticipated?

I hope this is overblown. The allegations in the complaint are pretty serious.

Query: if it’s a pre-trial diversion or intervention, or some sort of informal supervision that still requires an admission of guilt on the part of the Defendant, should that be enough to boot him from the program, even if a conviction is avoided?

Info I have received is there are some credibility concerns about the complaint, and he could have charges dropped. Ft. Bend case thrown out. Harris County could be next.
Don’t shoot the messenger, if I am wrong, but I have a good source.

2 Likes

If the charges are dismissed, then it’s good news for our D-line. As I said elsewhere, the dude’s a human fire hydrant.

I know that’s why I was wondering about the status of the charges. Seems like in his excitement he may have jumped the gun a bit.