Houston Cougars vs ECU Gameday Thread : Kickoff Time820pm - ESPNnews

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1450099347731976203?s=21

2 Likes

Cougars are favored by 13. Here are the team comparison stats. ECU has a really bad defense they gave up 405 passing yard to Charleston Southern. Look for Tune to have another big game. Dana also noted Tune is healthy and should be able to help in the run game.

UH is 3rd in the country in sacks, one of just three FBS programs averaging more than four per game, and is tied for third-best in tackles for loss per game. ECU allows a ton of sacks and TFL.

Derek Parish, Logan Hall, David Anenih, Latrell Bankston, and D’Anthony Jones Each has at least three sacks in the first six games.

Backup Cam’Ron Johnson has actually played more snaps than starter Keenan Murphy at LG and has allowed significantly fewer pressures (.9% of snaps vs. 3.6%).

Their QB averages an INT a game. So get after him and he will turn the ball over

7 Likes

ECU had alotta yards for not alotta points

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like they can move the ball.

Garbage time. And they aren’t great in the redzone, and turnovers

Let’s take care of business and then get ready for SMoooo.
I am expecting a crowd between 25-30k. What say ye?

4 Likes

I think 30k+ we had a little over 25k vs navy, now we are 5-1 with a 5 game win streak and at the top of the conference. Plus it’s homecoming game so a lot of families will be out there. I got my 3 best friends and brother coming with me.:fire:

2 Likes

Meanwhile Washing ST will be playing under a new regime. Their football coach got fired for not taking a vaccine shot.

1 Like

What is interesting is that we rank pretty bad in yards and offense, but rank fairly well for points per game. Special teams, defense, and turnovers likely make up the difference.

1 Like

So?

Keep that crap out of here.

5 Likes

Those rushing yards…

Also we let up Bc we have been beating teams down. That’s why I hate the total yard system for rating an offense. All that matters is points. Tulsa, Tulane, ECU all have high ranked offenses than us because they are losing most of the time and just racking up yard. But we play those teams and you can see who has the better offense

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/UH-football-Cougars-use-week-off-to-rest-get-16543776.php

“I don’t know if I’ve ever had a break this long,” Holgorsen said during his weekly press conference. “What does it amount to, (16) days or something like that? That’s longer than I’ve been accustomed to.”

4 Likes

Derek said they did lots of rehab/therapy and strength workouts on their non practice days. They needed to build back up and rest a few days.

16 Likes

Looking forward to seeking Derek make some records Giena!

4 Likes

Thank you!

See you there!

Dana, i’m pretty sure the breaks were longer between games last year when they all kept getting canceled…short memory

I think he’s clearly excluding the Covid year

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jdm2186/status/1450523239759982593?s=21

8 Likes