Houston to the PAC For Those Who Follow Re-alignment

BYU is Mountain Time Zone…… They are wanting two schools from Central is the rumor.

1 Like

Yeah, that too.

1 Like

TCU does not hold that market. TCU vs SMU only pulled 150k on FS1. Pitiful stuff.

3 Likes

Dallas is like Houston. After the Cowboys and UT/ATM you have to be winning to get people to watch.

2 Likes

If they are requiring students to take a religious class, then it is a church school. The last time I heard, they were requiring the religious class.

1 Like

Then I’m wrong.

They have to take a class on religion, not a religious class. “Religious class” would be something like a class on the teachings of Jesus Christ, and “religion class” could be comparative religion, a historical look at Islam or Indian goddesses, environmental spiritualism, or any number of things.

TCU does “any number of things.”

2 Likes

I think the difference is if a school preaches a certain religious or domination agenda to a point where they teach all others are wrong then its a fundamentalist religious institution.

Compare that with non religious schools that provide studies in multiple different views without forcing you to believe one way. They give you an overview of world religion.

With BYU as an example, you are " taught " that God came down to Earth from planet Kolob and in a supernatural feat physically impregnated Mary with what would become Jesus.

They also believe God sent a prophet to present day New York State to help them find the Book of Mormon, a missing part of the Bible that they base their religion on.

Oh, and they believe the Native Americans that were already in North America when the Europeans arrived , were Israelites that God transported there somehow.

Oh and that the Garden of Eden was ALWAYS located in North America.

Look it up.

TCU doesn’t preach any of these extreme views.

Baylor is a known agressive type of Evangelical Protestantism, so i can see why the PAC wouldn’t want them either. I believe there aren’t as many Baptists on the west coast as in Texas either

Its not hard to understand why an open minded PAC wants no part of a University that teaches obscure religious beliefs. Its not their culture.

They “might” make an exception for Notre Dame because it is the most popular, and original, Christian denomination but it doesn’t make sense from a geography standpoint so its a moot point.

2 Likes

I’m sure the pac discussed Houston but with that said this video is very old

I think most of us are past all the realignment talk by now

The video is only a day old and conference realignment is not even close to being over. TV Deals for the PAC12 & Big 12 are coming up soon and he’s just pointing out that the PAC12 has to expand if they want to maintain their conference. Do not be surprised if their are some more moves made in the next year or two. So there is no deal that is sealed yet. It’s actually a good problem to have for UH that was in a Group of 5 not too long ago and now can strategically choose what suits them best out of both Power conferences moving forward…if this is true…

4 Likes

Your post is pretty much spot on. Why would a conference want any of this craziness? Money overcomes all.

You’re right, this is a great problem for UH to have, but keep our stock price high Holgy better get this football program on point real quick or he needs to be shown the door. As in the Godfather movie “it’s just business”…

4 Likes

Oh They’d take Notre Dame. They have two Pac teams who play ND every year. ND is usually considered an elite academic center relative to the field of 64 BCS teams.

The Pac 12 takes Notredame and UH now that would be something.

2 Likes

Notre Dame is not going to any conference they will stay independent till hell freezes over. It’s part of who they are. Domer’s would have a meltdown if they went into conference.

2 Likes

Notre Dame doesn’t have a reason to EVER join a conference. EVER!

1 Like

My hope is that if they’d be fine with a Notre Dame then they’d take Texas Christian who isn’t that far of a cry in optics.

UH just needs a solid partner for the Pac invite. From the looks of it UH is a clear #1 choice for them with a lack of a #2 in the CT zone. If only UTSA had about a decade more of history under their belts, the SATX/ S Texas market could’ve been a great add to the Pac with UofH

Rice…forget about Dallas…it’s about H-town…

The PAC 12, can go blow itself. Thank God UH didn’t join that conference.

Similar to how the Astros play the As, Angels, Mariners. And they finish games at midnight on road trips

Imagine us playing Washington State or Cal at freaking midnight on Saturday. No one would care. Half the fan base would be asleep

We have no rivalries with those schools…

Yes, the money would be better. But, it would be like Nebraska in the Big 10.

No rivals, having average seasons year after year

3 Likes

That is a very realistic concern and one that I practiced to dissapointing results earlier this year while watching UCLA.