Houston vs Northwestern State - Game 2 Saturday @ 6:30pm (W 5-4)

Hehe, I’m not even sure I used it in right context either, as an Old School guy it sounded good. As I mentioned your response was fine,nothing personal at all, I just had to throw the last sentence back at you. I went to many of H.S Baseball gms in Cypress area over the years so probably even chance I saw you play maybe.

What’s your standard? Omaha every year? A super regional every year?

Programs don’t just snap their fingers and become annual Omaha contenders overnight. They get there by being consistent over a number of years and making the tourney (check), competing for the league title (check) and making facility/infrastructure improvements so they can recruit and develop on par with the premier programs (HUGE CHECK). Even then, it takes a healthy amount of luck to even make the Supers (see: Cooper Coldiron erroneously getting called out at UNC last year).

And BTW our Friday starter and last year’s AAC pitcher of the year (Aaron Fletcher) are Cypress area guys.

1 Like

i come back 3 days later and y’all still going at it

I’m trying my best to not let this go on n on. Obviously going to Omaha every year is ludicrous thought. Not sure if you go to many gms , I do…be more than happy to have a conversation there and go over where I feel the shortcomings are. And lastly it’s obvious you didn’t read or chose to ignore my post above where I mentioned I follow all the Cypress H.S. school programs pretty closely. I saw Fletcher play/pitch at L.C. way b4 he went to UH. Leave it there .

Edit: also I’m very very familiar with Beilo(CYRanch) as CTW likes to call him.

No, I’m done. Stop from doing my work to answer him …. no mas !

My two cents.

A lot more downside risk than upside benefit in getting someone other than Whitting. And note, I am no different than anyone else. I want to see us get to the Super Regionals and bust through the glass to the World Series. We have had a few years here in the last 18 years with Noble and Whitting where we have been very close. Heck, three years in a row we lost in the Super Regionals to the team that won the Word Series.

Again, a head coach is only as good as his assistants. We lost two very good assistants in Anderson and Couch who with Whitting were making good strides with the program. I don’t why they left, but surmise they are getting more money in the SEC than we were willing to pay.

Another thing, baseball is a tough sport and sometimes players can go from good to bad or bad to good from one season to the next. Look at the majors where you have a pitcher do well one year and can’t get an out the next or a hitter who hit 330 on year and 230 the next.

6 Likes

Glad you brought this up and this will be a good test for TW. Ultimately this is what doomed Coach Noble, imho. He never found assistants better than Couch (in his first go around) and Whitting when he left for TCU. I am happy that unlike Noble, TW has been able to do all the facility stuff.

Nailed it.