How are you feeling about UH Football 2019 right now

I’m optimistic every year. Breaking down the roster of a bunch of unknowns. Why should I change this year? lol

4 Likes

1 Like

Except with Apple Boy, the coaster only went DOWN !

1 Like

I think I’m going to go see the boys bounce the ball first, hear they’re pretty good. :grinning:. Get back to me in 7 mos on that other ball!!

2 Likes

C’mon…let’s give him his credit for @ USF in Year 1 and embarrassing Sumlin in Year 2.

4 Likes

OK…OK…Briles and King, you were pretty good !!

1 Like

For the first time in a long time we now have the foundation for a solid program. We set ourselves up for a P5 invite. That alone is a huge plus. Compete for the AAC Championship & then aim for undeafeated seasons.

1 Like

My hope is Coog Nation is patient. We have a history of turning on a dime when lofty expectations aren’t met instantly. I think the difference is Dana is proven, Applewhite was not. However, our schedule is much tougher in 2019…

I think we will be if the defense can show improvement. It was so painful to watch last year’s red carpet defense being rolled out every possession.

7 Likes

I’m excited and very cautiously optimistic. I readily want us to be competitive every single game. No beat downs and wetting the bed. :crossed_fingers:
I’m thrilled Tilman and company made me forget about the depressing second half of the 2018 season, lossing a bowl game 70-14, punting 30 yards from the damn end zone and having Briles sign an extension & taking the next damn flight to Florida never to return!!! That my friends is awesome!
#GoCoogs!

1 Like

Aggressive coaching makes me optimistic. What Herman did with Levine’s players is what Dana will do with Major’s players. Probably not NY6 good considering our schedule and the unknowns on D, but I’m feeling lots better than usual.

1 Like

Like it’s in much better hands than with AW. I lost confidence in him pretty early on.

Three things happened right after another that was the best thing that could have happened for UH FB.
First the DC was let go.
Next was OC left for Florida St. Yeah he was a stat ho, but he was owned by the DC of SMU and Army. His O had lost the best player with King, but that D was decimated with the losses of Carter, Oliver, Chambers, etc, etc.

UH now has a veteran HC who has already stated that he was a stat person when he was an OC and HC. He is an Air Raid guy but he will not sacrifice his D by having them on the field most of the game.

OU vs WVU, 59-56 L but OU TOP was 28:07 while WVU TOP was 31:53. WVU ran 90 plays to OU’s 65.

High scoring game but D was protected enough to not be completely exhausted in the 4th quarter. See the Tech game for comparison.

We will score points, but at no record setting play calling pace. If this hold true next season I expect a shoot out with a rebuilding OU like the WVU - OU game and UH still having a solid D throughout the Conference part of the season.

2 Likes

Yup…Coog hoops has always been my priority but I’m a season ticket holder for FB and baseball, too. I enjoy each in season. As to the original question…

I like the vibe that CDH has been spreading since he signed on. He’s got personality and I think his positivity is catching. Looking forward to the future.

5 Likes

I’m feeling good about the smackdown SMU will receive in the Coogs house. I feel like the days of scratching our heads watching that last SMU game are over for the foreseeable future. The competitive drive will be back!!

1 Like

I don’t normally pay too much attention to recruiting efforts. I’m more of a results guy when it comes to that (i.e., who actually signs an NLI). But I love seeing the social media posts where the entire staff is showing up at powerhouse Houston area high schools. That’s the kind of vibe we need. Those kids need to see the energy this entire staff brings and that’s what’s happening. I don’t even remember CTH doing that. I’ve admitted many times that I was on board with the Applewhite hire when it happened. But his lack of enthusiasm was a drain on the program. It does indeed feel like a positive vibe is back.

4 Likes

“I think we’ll put a better product on the field, but our schedule is much harder this year. I think if we’re competing for a spot in the AAC Championship this year, I’ll be happy”

Pray10, I am where you are. I would only add that I’m glad there’s going to be more buzz around our program than there would have otherwise been, and attendance should be better this season.

2 Likes