How far do we drop after this loss?

If we win at SMU I see us dropping to around 12th. If we lose to the ponies we drop to 16th.

1 Like

Dropping 7 spots after a one point loss on the road?

We lost to a 4-3 Tulsa team at the time.

As long as we beat SMU, I see us at staying at 9 or 10.

4 Likes

That would have us fall potentially lower than Tech a team we beat.

So what do you say on both the picks I made with yours?

I just don’t think it was a horrible loss. Off night resulting in a 1 point loss, nothing more. I kind of a agree with Sampson that 5 was too high but that is where we are.

1 Like

Hopefully only 3 to 4 spots if we handle smu…I think voters will cut us some slack for playing 3 road games in a row.

Probably won’t cut us much slack for being an AAC team.

2 Likes

Guaranteed we drop out of top 10 on bias alone

4 Likes

It depends on what happens Sunday.

2 Likes

It was like Deja Vu all over again.

I distinctly remember Sampson poo-pooing a national ranking in the past, like he did before the Tulsa game, and the kids come out unconfident and lose.

It’s fine to say rankings are for the fans and we don’t pay attention to them. But to say “We aren’t among the Top 5 teams in the nation” is destructive IMO.

SMU is a better team than Tulsa, beat them and the fall might only be to the low teens.

1 Like

we play smu before the re rankings…beat smu, i think we stay at 11
lose to smu i say 24

1 Like

Beat SMU and don’t see us dropping past 12th spot. I see us around 8-11. Tulsa is a good team and already beat the media darling of Memphis in our conference. So beating us and Memphis, I could see voters seeing that and not dropping us a whole lot because of Tulsa loss. We have to bounce back and beat SMU. One thing we have learned from Sampson teams is they come out the next game with fire in their eye especially after a loss like at Tulsa who won by free throws with .1 second left after we just took the lead. Be nice to see the Coogs come out and just smash SMU because I’m sure they are not happy and will be focused.

1 Like

Having a team realize by losing that they have to play smart and play their best game is healthy in my humble opinion.

Mills is still working his way back from injury and Tulsa is a good team, it just sucks losing in such a fashion as did. Sasser, Mills, Grimes, and Mark will bounce back. If we lose to any of the top teams in conference just need to make sure to win the other game and split the wins. We will be ok. We were not going to be undefeated in conference. They seem to have our number at Tulsa but we will get Tulsa theirs at Fertita Center. Last year Tulsa had a similar game where shots just seemed to go in for them at the right times that would not go in for the Coogs.

Hats off to Tulsa, they brought it and we did not.
A 68% FT goes 8-8 with two winning FT with 0.1 seconds left!
We were trying to break into top 4, but if we play like that on
Sunday we will be out of top 20.

1 Like

The rankings after this week don’t matter anyway. It’s a loss…they happen…gotta bounce back…lot of season left…If I’m hadicapping it, I say they’ll remain Top 10 with a win Sunday while a loss drops them below Top 10. But again, lots of time to move back up again. No worries here.

1 Like

If you have been watching the Sampson era than know the Coogs always bounce back strong especially after a dagger of a loss with .1 seconds left like with Tulsa. They will come out for SMU with fire in their eyes and intensity. It would not surprise me to have a double digit win because it is going to be an angry UH team. Sampson will have them ready and our firepower of Sasser, Grimes, Mills, and Mark will be ready to go!

1 Like