How far do we drop after this loss?

Seth Davis (The American) has us as a 4 seed in his latest bracket. Same as TT. Seems about right at this point. I like our opening bracket.

4 Houston
13 Georgia State
5 Clemson
12 Florida/Seton Hall|

It will depend on what we do against SMU and what others above and below do (yes, Captain Obvious). Maybe 8 or 9, but this is a top ten team that’s getting recognized for how good it is.

Optimistic much?

1.       .

I don’t have a lot of faith in the voters. I think we’re sitting around 15th now
with all eyes wondering if we’re worthy. We have to beat SMu.

This team still starts 2 guards that don’t shoot well and one that is streaky. Sampson’s offense needs 3 consistent shooters on the court to keep the spacing right for driving. With Grimes and Jarreau on the court at the same time other teams will be copying the defense we have seen recently and scoring will continue to be difficult. SMU is better than Tulsa offensively so we better have a good shooting day from Sasser and/or a few others

If we win Sunday then our rank could be 10-13, if not then 18-24.

On a home court foul call, I don’t think we fall too bad if we beat an undefeated SMU. I’ll say top 10 still.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/status/1345073034571501571?s=19

14!!! You’re joking

Kinda where I thought we would be. Surprised that TT was 8. Hope they stay that high.

Pretty much guarantee that the rankings reflect the loss with no consideration of the particulars. Hopefully the committee digs deeper come tournament time.

3 Likes

If u asked CKS that’s right about where he would prob have his Team. It’s just one writer’s opinion and Parrish has been high on Coogs all year. The loss was against a team outside of the Top 75.

Maybe we should have scheduled Incarnate Word

The Coogs based on early play in the season n results are somewhere btw #10-20 Team in CBB.

1 Like

Why?. Don’t understand. The loss was Conf gm n imo there will definitely be couple more Conf losses b4 2nd week of March.

More realistic than fifth right now

2 Likes

Sorry. Really meant to respond to lowbehold and Tech. Check the opponents they have played so far.

No problem. I see what you’re saying now.

The whole issue of not being in Power Conf will never go away. For last few yrs in Basketball it’s usually not as bad bc of UH, UC, SMU, UCF- Taco Falls era, but this year the losses in Conf will hurt more than other yrs. I’ve seen two different publications that didn’t have AAC ranked in top 8 Conferences for Basketball as of last week.
#ItIsWhatItIs

I get what you are saying. The point I was trying to make was due to the perceived weakness of the aac, our upward mobility is somewhat limited. The pollsters will continue to keep every big 10 team possible in the top 25. The higher tech stays, the better our win over them looks come tournament time.

2 Likes

I hope coach has them practicing free throws this week