How ready is Dana Holgorsen's Houston to make the Big 12 jump?

2 Likes

“We won 20 games in two years,” Holgorsen said. “We won bowl games in back-to-back years. I have five years on my contract with a f—ing impossible buyout. 
 So there ain’t no f—ing hot seat in my mind. There just ain’t.”

insert yikes here

4 Likes

I like it. If I were a coach, I’d be pretty irritated with “hot seat” questions, too.

The truth is that almost every major D1 coach is a few losses away from being on the hot seat. Reporters ask about it to get a reaction, and they got one.

5 Likes

“You can’t fire me” is always a good thing to hear.

1 Like

If UH can be competitive next year, it will speak well for the future. The bit about depth is true. Depth is required to hang with the Alabamas and Georgias, etc. Because Alabama’s 2 and 3 string players would be starters in many other programs.

That’s what i would want hear if they are recruiting me.

3 Likes

For sure. Programs really need to focus on depth. UH should volunteer to join the SEC so we can demonstrate to other schools just how important depth is against elite programs.

1 Like

That’s likely the response they wanted but not the one he should’ve given. Dana does not choose his words wisely.

4 Likes

I’m more concerned about the facilities and NIL shortcomings right now. Does CDH have the personality and ability to overcome them?

3 Likes

I’m usually try to defend CDH, but I can’t believe he said something like that lol

3 Likes

It’s going to be a very interesting year indeed

1 Like

What a douche

2 Likes

Football is a hard sport to NIL unless it is just recruiting money. You have a few football players that come around that are NIL worthy. Case and Andre.

The money towards the basketball team is a lot more significant. You get to know their personalities a little more.

Sampson’s blue collar out work the opponent is NIL worthy in and of itself.

I don’t know what Dana sells.

The ‘Dana As The Grinch’ picture fits his latest “venting” nicely.

6 Likes

Well, we’ve been told that the better recruits we get THEN the coaching will be better. That means the players we had against Tulsa really sucked.

1 Like

https://footballscoop.com/news/dana-holgorsen-aint-no-f-ing-hot-seat-in-my-mind

WOW apparently we had someone lined up to replace CDH in December

1 Like

Hmm I wonder if it was Traylor. The UTSA guy did say a school was going after him.

1 Like

If it was Herman that would’ve been crazy

Dana does not know this: Silence is Golden.

3 Likes

What an idiot.

3 Likes