How ready is Dana Holgorsen's Houston to make the Big 12 jump?

I would guess it was Traylor. The response in the article sounds like something he would say too.

1 Like

Holgorsen could cure cancer and some of yā€™all would still complain lol

7 Likes

We extensively discussed this on another thread.

The marginal cost to replace Dana is $4 to $5 million per year.

He stays on payroll, then UH adds a new Head Coach to our payroll. That new Head Coach cost is the only change to our existing budget.

Not hard to replace Dana. But I hope for his success.

1 Like

His sense of timing is horrific.
Last time he pissed and moaned was on signing day and now on the 1st day of UH Hoop as a #1 seed ?

UH fans can piss and moan that the Grinch is headed into year 5 & had to duck Vandy and Boise for his 1 good year.

2 Likes

Get back to us when he actually does cure cancer.

1 Like

But if he tried to cure cancer and failed, heā€™d blame the patients for dying

3 Likes

I didnā€™t disagree with anything he said in the article and even felt good about the season, but when I got to that quote I knew people were going to be hung up on it.

I think Dana might enjoy pissing fans off at this point. This whole ā€œyouā€™re stuck with meā€ attitude comes off as very arrogant. He often times complains about attendance but then he says stuff like this. Just not smart when youā€™re trying to build a fan base to get behind you.

3 Likes

Yeah, Traylor is the only one that makes sense. Iā€™d have believed Herman or Kingsbury, but neither of them were current FBS head coaches. Combined with the rumor about Traylor having a P5 offer, this seems like a ā€œwhere thereā€™s smoke, thereā€™s fireā€ kinda situation.

1 Like

because most of the people commenting on it, havenā€™t even read the article in itā€™s entirety

3 Likes

considering heā€™s not an oncologist, I donā€™t see that happening

Last December, someone called both Jeff Traylor and Joey McGuire on behalf of UH. Winning the bowl game kept Dana in Houston, for this year at least.

1 Like

I wonder if Danaā€™s perception of his buyout being insurmountable is related to his view of the level of current financial support.

Then it sounds like he canā€™t even begin to cure cancer and any attempts by him to do so would be ignorant and a waste of resources and definitely merit, not only suspicion, but resistance

2 Likes

Olā€™ Joe Dirte at his best

1 Like

Which is funny in hindsight since Vandy was horrible and got smoked by an FCS school, while Boise was mediocre.

1 Like

I really think his arrogance will be his downfall. Educators in administration hate that. He needs to be put in his place and stood up to. He wouldnā€™t be let in my house if I had a highly recruited son.

3 Likes

Imagine if the coach we went after was Deion and WE failed to close the deal!?!?

Dana failed to say the real reason he is safe: Chris Yezman. Yezman got DHoā€™s back. Canā€™t let the drinking buddy go.

2 Likes

We play UTSA in week 1
If we lose that game, its game over - nail in the coffin

2 Likes