How should Coogs handle success

I think it took a while to recoup from the Tech loss, but I think the kids and players have responded well…beating Tulsa and Tulane on the road, and the way we did it, was very encouraging to me. I think we have played solid football after having a really good second half against Navy.
ECU will be tough here but I think we are on the upswing. SMU will probably be slight favorites when they come in here but I have to believe that will produce our biggest crowd of the year here.
Unless we have a total meltdown, and I don’t think we will, I think we have a chance to keep the momentum going all the way to the title game.
If we lose only to SMU I will still consider this a really good season and really look forward to the next year…

8 Likes

Expand the stadium to 100k. Give Dana a life time contract and hire Kim Helton as head recruiter.

move away from the keg !

2 Likes

Expand the stadium to 100k. Give Dana a life time contract and hire Kim Helton as head recruiter.

Think your on to something :joy:

If you are a title contending boxer and beat a bunch of bums, nobody is impressed with your success. You should win those. So don’t get cocky until you prove yourself against equals.

That said you can only play those on the schedule.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is getting cocky…just happy we have won five games in a row and are unbeaten in conference.
If you look at it, Cincy is the only team that could have been on our regular schedule and been a feared opponent.
I think that shows how very weak our conference is and that will hurt the Bearcats when bowl season rolls around when it comes down to making the four team playoff…

1 Like

Sure, but when they introduce an undefeated fighter, they don’t add “but some of those guys weren’t very good.”

Anyway, who said anything about getting “cocky”? Avoiding too much of that is part of handling success, but without some cockiness, a team won’t ever be great.

Sorry to be the spoil sport, but this year UofH is playing so many powderpuff teams. The AAC, this year is floundering because of the upheaval involving the Big12. I just don’t see UofH losing any games now. Our schedule is very light. But, if we play a team from any power 5 ( like a bowl game), I think we would be be the underdog and would play accordingly… boo hoo…SMU is no powderpuff team this year…

FunkMasterMullins… I dump on your fan base!!!..and fart in your general direction… NeNeNe on you!!..lol…Go Coogs!!.. and coach Summie also said….”We came…We saw…We KICKED YOUR ASS!!!”

1 Like

Your mother was hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!!!

2 Likes

I hate to bring this up but I’m genuinely curious. Would the success make it less likely for draft prospects to forgo post-season play? (I.e. Jones and Hall come to mind).