How to kill UH football

Please make sure to send those complaints to the Athletic director in charge of the facilities. That is, if you haven’t already.

Quick question – how? Let’s say you’re appointed Dictator for Life of the UH Athletic Department for a day. How do you find centralized parking for 40,000 fans? Where do you put ~10-20,000 cars on this map?

Centralizing parking is easy when you’re building a standalone stadium for a MLB or NFL team. It’s far less easy to do when your stadium is on a college campus.

2 Likes

Not true. Quidditch is VERY popular! :laughing:

1 Like

How many money folks have we lost since the RV parking was moved?

He would not be on the board if he were not a major donor.

Well, that is an interesting question. No matter how you address it, someone is gonna be pissed off.

Unless school moves to purchase land on opposite side of Scott Street (and that subject has been bantied about for several years), you’re gonna have to better utilize land presently occupied by the Platinum and Red Lots, as well as the land behind the stadium. Yeah, yeah, I know, we’re supposedly building a football ops building back there. Ummm, maybe. Right now, there’s no dough for it. And there’s not going to be any dough for it for several years, at least. That means that land can be utilized for something else other than semi-trucks off-loading sh*t. You still have a crop of trees back there from the former tailgate village. How about fixing it up, putting in a couple of RV pads, and utilize that area as a new RV village?

The Platinum and Red lots are under utilized. Oh I know, you can’t have my space because I donate. Look, I have parking spaces here too, and I fully recognize that those lots are under utilized. There’s no reason why we can’t sever a portion of both lots that front the rail line, and use them for extending the RV village.

These are just suggestions. As I said, I fully understand that some folks will be pissed off with the suggestions. If you have something better, other than buying more land, please let us know.

Does anyone have guess as to how many rvs there are on game day?

Do you come to games to watch football or to meditate on the skyline? First of all only a handful of fans can see (or saw) the skyline in the first place. Go stand on the parking garage and bay at the moon. Otherwise suck it up. MOST fans don’t give a damn. We’re watching a football game.

2 Likes

who cares about a skyline u spend most of the time in ur apartment watching tv anyway u can do the same thing even if they build a neighboring condo outside your window

1 Like

RVs are another matter. They are the backbone to our growing Tailgate tradition. The AD should treat them as more than an afterthought. I like HY, but I don’t think planning is his strength.

I don’t know about killing UH football but deleting valid posts will certainly kill Coogfans. Discussing how Applewhite needs to respond to the rumor mill is absolutely significant. You will certainly delete this but you will absolutely know you really pissed me off.

It was as valid as it was rumor farming/fear mongering

Yea, there was no point. If he goes people will be happy. If he stays others will be happy. So no big deal.

The view of downtown is more a big deal to me.

WOW…the view of the sky line is a big deal …NOT !

Move up to section 307…where we have the best of both worlds…can see the skyline, but not the third ward !!

I’m thinking of moving lower so that the skyline does not detract from my watching the actual game !!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ugh. Everyday you make it easier and easier to hate you.

1 Like

LMAO

Truth hurts doesn’t it !!

Funny, I don’t hate you.

What truth? It’s an ignorant opinion.

Move to the visitors side where you see nothing but the game.

1 Like

It’s not an ignorant opinion, you just don’t like it… and that’s fine. The 3rd Ward is the single most detrimental influence on UH. It’s the first thing that is mentioned when talking the pros and cons of UH. It’s the number 1 reason some parents don’t want their kids to go to UH. Right or wrong, it is a big issue for UH. To pretend it’s not an issue is just denial of reality. There are some fine residents of the ward and its not their fault or concern how it affects UH. The area will be redeveloped over time and that is good for UH. Hopefully, the residents that are there can be part of that.