How to kill UH football

I would imagine every school has the same problem.

I thought this was only an “Off Season” topic.

The RV lot originally at the ROB was the only thing happening in the early years and it was really important because it still brought coogs together even when the product on the field was Dimelisqe. The Ath Admin has lost so many people over the years that they do not understand the importance of the RV lot and to some degree it looks as though they are trying to kill the RV lot so they can move on to something else. The RV lot is vital to our program and to neglect it like they have is BAD, these are important COOGS that have done more when all gave up on the program.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but I’ve asked other RVers, because I’m not one, for some hard numbers as to fans and donations that have been lost. That’s what will get their attention.

If you or another RVer can so them that in last x years you’ve lost x,ooo fans and $x,ooo,ooo then they may wake up.

If your asking for hard numbers the Ath Dept would be who has that kind of info, that should be the 1st place you shop for detailed info.

The RV Village in recent years had something like 20-30 RVs. It was a great atmosphere.

For the Navy game last weekend, there were 6. I counted.

You do the math.

One thing that was really nice about the Original RV Lot was that the mens basketball team had a spot and one could go over and talk with the team and coachs, it was a really nice promotion for the team. Other teams would walk thru and promote there season, girls volleyball, softball etc, that is gone!

Here is some math.
30 RVers bitching about walking four blocks
<
IPF and the recruiting edge that comes with it.

One might have an effect on the scoreboard. The other not so much. Scoreboards affect attendance in this town. Those are facts.

The view of the skyline isn’t exactly hidden.

2 Likes

I don’t think people are either or on the ipf. I think there was a better solution or placement of the facility to allow RV to stay put.

3 Likes

Whatever you say, Sparky.

Fertitta is a marketing man. Ask for his help.

Best marketing is winning!

3 Likes

Here’s why the Athletic Department doesn’t react to the complaints of RVers. Unless the 14-24 RVers who didn’t take their RVs to the Navy game no longer attend games at all, and also were donating a large sum annually (I’m thinking $50,000+ each), then the impact is low albeit a pain in the side for y’all. It’s all about the greater good, my friend.

[quote=“Lawdog, post:88, topic:9916, full:true”]
The RV Village in recent years had something like 20-30 RVs. It was a great atmosphere.

For the Navy game last weekend, there were 6. I counted.

You do the math.

There is no other place to have put the IPF that would have made a lick of sense.

Eliminating the existing practice fields to keep 30 RVers from bitching? Let me think about that one. Or how about buying two square blocks on Scott adding another $10MM (or whatever) to the tab? I, for one, don’t have that kind of loose change. Use one of the student parking lots? I don’t think so.

I wonder how the RVers manage everywhere else.

5 Likes

Will the IPF be open on game days for some partying? My kids enjoyed the Texans bubble which is why I ask.

1 Like

After looking at the Parking Maps of very notable
Programs, my answer is:

“They walk”

They walk? WOW! Whatever you say, sparky!

How are you ever going to recover from a burn like that, CB? I mean I called you sparky. That means I don’t have anything but a juvenile insult to add. Convinced now?

Disclaimer:
CB knows what I mean.

1 Like

In this case, they stop coming.

1 Like

People want to downplay people’s disappointment win aspects of the program, but when those who are upset get mad enough to stop coming to games, I don’t think anyone will be happy.

That is why it is important that the school does not ignore the gripes that they can correct or improve. When the team is winning big, people will come regardless. You correct all of these concerns for when the team isn’t doing as well. You are going to have a dip when the team isn’t winning big, but if the “minor” concerns are fixed maybe the dip won’t be as big. So while you might not care about no amenities upstairs, the RV lot location, the downtown view, the brand of beer, the crappy customer service, etc. If enough people irked by even one of those concerns stop going to games and giving money to the program, everyone loses.

2 Likes