I can't f*&%ing coach this sh$%

I don’t have a problem with him reporting it but is that the real story?

Murphy’s comments, sure. That was a story. A coach dropping an F bomb? Did The Birmingham News’s beat writer for the Crimson Tide make a deal when Saban yelled to “run the f***ing ball”? I kind of doubt it, and that expletive was picked up on TV.

3 Likes

When you win, like in Alabama, no one cares what you say.

3 Likes

Duarte works for the HC…enough said !!

3 Likes

No. But the curtain was pulled back today and I’m sure all the networks have sent out memos about sideline crews following a pissed off coach around with the Mic on.

Yes…they will put MORE microphones on the sidelines or INSIST on tapping into the coaches headset.

The networks are into sensationalism at all levels. Surely you have noticed.

3 Likes

Clearly, you’ve never played the game.

1 Like

I heard worse in the hallway outside my office this past Thursday. I don’t get the big deal.

2 Likes

No, he said it after Bradley dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands with no defender within 2 or 3 yards.

3 Likes

I can assure you I played football longer than you have lol

I know I couldn’t f’ing coach that zhit either

4 Likes

How long will it take to move on from the shock of hearing a coach cussing? Asking for a friend.

6 Likes

I think Duarte reports a lot of things he sees on Twitter. The Justin Murphy thing got a lot of run on Twitter, and about 15 different accounts I follow tweeted out the video clip of Dana’s rant.

In other words, it was already a thing before Duarte wrote the story about it.

5 Likes

Winner, winner, chicken dinner…

Can’t figure Duarte out. Very fair at times but extremely passive aggressive at other times. Like Law said, it appears he follows twitter to a large degree to see what path he should follow. It seems to me that he tolerates being the Coog beat writer but deep down would rather be somewhere else. Definitely no passion for the program. Don’t expect him to be a cheerleader, but he just doesn’t seem to enjoy his job.

I really don’t see much of other opinions of his in other sports, so to be fair, maybe that is just his style.

5 Likes

I know more than few times i said "I didn’t f’ing coach you to do this.
I love when this stuff gets picked up.
Did Applewhite ever raise his voice?

2 Likes

I could see it being a big deal (worth calling immediate attention on the internet) if the game was of real significance. Just a bit surprised that Duarte would make it such a big issue, But when the game is that bad, maybe in his judgment it was noteworthy. :flushed:

1 Like

So far, very little national attention. Will probably change as news slows tomorrow, but no big deal so far. Maybe unfair, but sometimes I think Duarte is told what to accentuate by the powers to be at the comical.

I can’t see the angle, why would it be a big deal. Its more funny than anything else

5 Likes

That is what “journalism” is today !!..regurgitating Twitter !!

4 Likes