I could see houston winning and not get autobid

This is why I didn’t get people rooting against Cinci in their last few games just to host. We need to beat the highest-ranked Cinci team we can to help ensure that we can pass San Diego St. It wasn’t a guarantee. Now beating a 4th ranked and undefeated Cinci at THEIR place it becomes as close to certain as possible that a win makes us the highest the highest rated champ.

2 Likes

We would have had a better chance beating them at TDECU and Cincy probably wouldn’t have dropped far had they lost to SMU or ECU. An AAC conference champ win would be a better win than the one SDSU would be getting in any case and thus 2 spots would have been no problem to jump.

A win now makes it more likely but it was already near to a lock as possible even with a 11-1 Cincy.

Cinci would have fallen like a rock if they had lost to ECU, that isn’t even speculation. SMU… maybe not as hard. But think of how the committee likes to look at wins. If Utah wins the PAC they would end up being ranked higher than Cinci that had a loss to a non ranked team due to biases… then SDST would have a better win on their resume and that’s all the comittee needs to keep us one spot behind.

I do not agree with this. Tech is a Big 12 bowl team that gave Baylor all they could handle. Also we played them before their QB got hurt. That supposedly matters.

I can see the argument, but Fresno has been ranked or receiving votes most weeks. Has a few votes in AP and coaches. Outside of UH/SDSU, Fresno also gave Oregon a tough game and beat 8 win UCLA (plus 8 win Nevada). Tech beat 7 win Iowa St and 6 win WVU, got flat out embarrassed by two 5-7 teams. I will give them an edge for playing in the Big 12, but I don’t know if that is a 3 game bump. Since the CFP really liked Fresno before the Boise loss, I think they would still see them above Tech.

Im not so sure. The committee only dropped OU 4 spots for their loss and OSU 5 spots.

We actually went up 3 spots with a win over UCONN. I think going into championship weekend the committee wasn’t going to make huge changes to any team. How would they prop up ND with a loss to a low ranked Cincy team?

Of course, opinions are what they are. Who really knows the minds of the committee?

OU’s losses were to other highly ranked P5 teams, Baylor was 13th and OSU 5th. Not only are standards different for G5 teams anyway, but SMU and ECU aren’t ranked.

I cannot envision anyway a UH win at Cincinnati will not bump us over SDSU who is playing at home against an unranked team. Even if we win by 1 and SDSU wins by 40.

I mentioned it earlier, this week we root for Cougars and aggies (Utah St. that is.)

Yes, because they are undefeated, ranked #4 and we are on the road. If they had lost to ECU (which a lot of people were rooting for) that wouldn’t be the case.

I was really proud of our showing in Atlanta, saw our fans in the same numbers as the FSU fans

1 Like

First things first…win the game.

The big difference is that our win over Cincy will be on the road at the end of the season and SDSU’s statement win against Utah was at home at the beginning of the season when Utah was figuring things out, and an OT win at that.

I’m not worried at all.

Only way I get slightly worried is if we have a really close win that seems flukey and SDSU routs Utah State like 56-3 or something.