Ice Cream truck

Came by tonight and embarrassed by how much I bought! Been a while since I have seen one and lots of memories surfaced.

So, what’s your favorite? Already went with a Choco Taco and a caramel drumstick to kick things off. Looks like tomorrow will necessitate a much longer bike ride.

2 Likes

If I had money, it was a drumstick. If I was counting pennies, it would be a popsicle or a bomb pop.

2 Likes

Man, that seems like eons ago. I can hardly remember. Seems like there was a silver-white 7-Up popsicle I liked. Also a rainbow one.

1 Like

Loved the ice cream truck. When we heard the bell coming down Junius Ave in Dallas in the 40’s I would get a dime from my grandmother and catch him before he moved on. Nothing he had cost more than a dime. I usually picked the drumstick or fudgsickle.

2 Likes

Oh my!

The last one I saw and ate from was at my oldest daugther’s final junior golf tournament in FW at the Ben Hogan Cup the middle of last August. The night of the skills competition they parked a huge ice cream truck for hours and unlimited ice cream of all kinds and shakes and malts for all the HS kids and their parents. I ate enough for at least a years worth, probably more. Probably gained 5 lbs that night.

An ice cream truck almost seems to be against some government order in COVID time.

this just showed up in my neighborhood:
http://www.citypages.com/music/scary-northeast-minneapolis-ice-cream-truck-has-heavy-metal-no-ice-cream/570670651

I’ve been waiting for this bad boy to roll through my neighborhood.

1 Like

Must be nice!

I remember hearing ice cream trucks where I live in Cinco Ranch II right after we closed on our house; then COVID-19 hit.

Since then, I’ve neither heard, nor seen them.

Although In the great debate, I was a Good Humor kid.

1 Like

Good Humor was definitely my go-to as a kid in Michigan.

1 Like

When I was born the Good Humor man gave my parents a baby “Good Humor man outfit”.

I guess it was a promotional thing back in the ‘60s.

Mississippi Mud Pie was my favorite…(ice Cream Sandwich for you young ones)!

2 Likes

Yeah, those drumsticks are awesome. I liked push-ups too. NOT the exercise, although I still do them!

Same here!

I also really liked dreamsicles.

1 Like

True fact. Kinda. Sorta. Store bought deamsicles do not taste as good as ice cream truck dreamsicles :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Dreamsicles and the red-white-blue popsicle.

1 Like

Bomb pops for sure, loved the chocolate/banana version too.

1 Like

Man when we heard the ice cream truck we sat down our bats or kick balls and ran to the house for money! Loved Nuttie Buddies and sandwiches. Actually I loved everything lol

1 Like