Idaho University Murder Suspect Arrested

I wonder if it’s his first

Yes, wild.

In the most recent data available from the FBI, the clearance rate hit an all-time low of just over 50 percent. That means that about half of all murders in the United States today go unsolved .Jul 7, 2022

So getting away with murder you have a 50% chance, unbelievable…

I haven’t followed this story closely but are they saying he committed these murders while on a toad trip with his dad?

No, they’re just reporting that he drove home cross-country for Christmas (in the Elantra spotted near the murder location)with his dad. This was well after the murders took place. Maybe just to explain why it was in Pennsylvania?

I’m reserving judgement here until I see more of what the state has on him.

2 Likes

There was a guy who worked at Nasa that owned the property and had a horse stables and employed alot of young women who was the police main suspect. They badgered him for years. He was ostracized by the community. Only thing, he had nothing to do with the murders. They were committed by several different people. The fist murder was Shelly Sykes. Her body was never found. Two men were convicted of aggravated kidnapping and are serving life sentances. One of them went to our church in Seabrook.

1 Like

Also around the same time they started finding bodies in that area one of our friends daughters went missing. The police found another body that week and asked the parents to come down to see if it was thier daughter. They identified the body as thier daughter and started making funeral arrangements. About that time thier daughter walked in the door. True story.

1 Like

Imagine what it must have been in ancient times or even the medieval times.

Hard to believe with DNA. I think the reason for most of these is because they are involved in illegal activities and know one is looking very hard for the killer.

We picked shrooms one night off of Calder Rd. Would have been early 90s. We got chased by a horse, and yelled at by an old man. I’ve thought back on it afterwards and pretty sure that was the “Killing Fields” we were on.

I can understand why the guy was so aggressive in running us off. Never went back there.

Always had better luck in Pasadena fields anyways. :wink:

1 Like

Texas Killing Fields - Wikipedia Texas Killing Fields - Wikipedia

Yeah it was off calder

Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger lands in Washington to face charges

The probable cause affidavit is out. They found a knife sheath next to the victims with his DNA, as well as phone location data placing him at/near the address during the murders, as well as a car like his leaving the area “at a high rate of speed”. The FBI corroborated that it was his dna with evidence from the trash at his parents home.

One of the roommates saw a black-clad and masked individual leave the victim’s room matching his physical build.

He’s going to need a good lawyer.

Eye-opening. The biggest question I’m left with is, why didn’t the roommate that heard all this go down, and who ran into the suspect, do anything afterwards?!?

NBC News: DNA left on knife sheath used to link Bryan Kohberger with Idaho slayings, court documents show.

Idaho murder victims’ roommate heard crying, saw man in mask morning of killings: court docs

Yes, why didnt she call the cops?

1 Like

Cannot comprehend. Wasn’t it noon before the cops were called?

Yep

Several things don’t make sense…

The roommate came face to face with the killer. He should have killed her as well. Why leave witnesses? He already killed 4 roommates, so a 5th wouldn’t matter.

Did the surviving woman not have a cell phone to call authorities of an intruder? Why didn’t she scream to wake up her sleeping friend?

At some point once he left the residence, she should have checked on the others, then immediately call 911.

Leaving a knife sheath? If so, very sloppy on his part. He didn’t need a sheath once he was determined to murder four people. The less accessories you have to keep track of, the better.

He carried his cell phone with him while in route to the victims residence which could have been traced via pings off a cell tower.

Driving his own car? He could have dropped off the car a mile away from the Idaho campus and walked or bicycle to the crime scene. Some people still wear Covid masks so he could have put on a mask, but if was still cold having a face mask would not have tipped off anyone as strange.

Pulled over twice in Indiana? At the very least, the first officer should have tagged a warning of his license plate in the police mobile computer so that the second officer might have responded differently.

For a PhD Criminology candidate, this guy was way beyond careless. It appears to me that he didn’t give his crime much thought. Hence, he got caught, but then again, he’s innocent until proven guilty.

The good news, if found guilty, Idaho does have the death penalty, but I’m sure the ACLU will protest vehemently.