Idea to get the stadium full no matter what

Bring the homeless to the games for free and offer them a free meal they may still not come.

2 Likes

$3 beer for upper level only.

$5 beer for lower level only.

3 Likes

That’s because its Houston. We aren’t a college town with nothing else going on.

It’s true for brands at the store but you’d get the same UH brand for the cheaper price and they’d know what they are getting. At the store when you see 1 bottle of wine of a certain brand for $2 vs another for $10, you buy the $10 brand bc it’s a diff brand and perceived as better. In this case it’s all the same UH brand but one cheaper higher up so it’s different.

Maybe just give the tickets away because we know how much that helps Rice

This is a false narrative. Fans drive from Houston, Austin, and DFW to fill up aTm’s stadium because they love the school and the program.

4 Likes

Over the years, I’ve tried to give away dozens upon dozens of FREE tickets, most to UH alums, and they wouldn’t go if I paid them.

Excuses and eye rolling is usually what I get- they do not C-A-R-E about UH football.

8 Likes

More reason we need a coach that can create excitement, bring in big recruits, has a track receord of wining, and can bring in money to the program.

That coach is Deion Sanders. If we don’t make the move, some other P5 will and they will reap the benefits.
The sad thing is that the University of Houston has a huge ceiling IF they bring in someone like Coach Prime but I imagine we will be stuck with the glass ceiling we get with CDH…whoever signed that premature extension should be fired! What leverage did Dana have??

Are we that desperate for a coach that wants to stay (which is the wrong strategy in my opinion)

Somehow, some way we need for UH to become a go to University.
Unfortunately we aren’t nowhere near that status despite all the building and scholastic upgrades.
Being in the big city and being primarily a commuter school has not been our friend when comes to alums having loyalty to the school r wanting their kids to follow in their footsteps

2 Likes

Payoff the buyout and we can talk

1 Like

This is the big issue. At this point, anyone who wants to get into the stadium can afford it. Our prices aren’t the problem. The bigger issue is that attending a college football game costs four hours of your time on a Saturday out in 90+ degree weather, plus however much time you’re going to spend commuting, finding parking, etc. It’s very hard to convince someone to make that sort of commitment when it’s dramatically easier to sit in an air-conditioned house, or apartment, or bar, with better food and beer, and a better view of the field than you get in the stadium, and no lines for bathrooms or concessions. I don’t know what the answer is, but that’s what we’re really up against.

3 Likes

Luckily for us, we are significantly increasing our TV revenue next year and the following years so we use that money to fix this ERROR.

Keeping CDH and not bringing in Deion will cost us more in the long run.

I doubt Renu will want to have to explain to her new fellow Big 12 presidents why we only have 15k fans for say an Iowa State.

That is the reality she is looking at if she doesn’t make a change…we’ve ALL seen enough

1 Like

There is no excitement like in 2015. People want a winner. Go get Prime Time.

4 Likes

You have to create tailgate as a must see experience. We were on our way until we blew up parking around the stadium.

Fall is the best time of the year in Houston. You have to give people a reason to show up other than two teams are going to chuck a football around.

You have to create live music and you have to create mobile sports bars complete with TVs.

10 Likes

Put all the RVs on Cullen and close it off at both ends. Create a tailgating “grove” experience for students and alums/fans.

5 Likes

That’s different, im talking about why giving away tickets in this city doesn’t work

1 Like

Parking has to be plentiful, close and cheap/free to attract Houstonians.

2 Likes

I think this is a very good idea. Also, turn either the IPF or (more easily) Fertitta into a giant sports bar before the game. I don’t know if our contracts would prevent this, but we could have various food and drink vendors come post up in the concession stands, and play the day’s other games on the video boards.

2 Likes

No doubt. If you put any barrier to the customer in Houston you are going to lose. Houstonians are very used to convenience.

Hey come out and do something that is very inconvenient and we are taking away your ability to watch all the other college games. I can’t understand why we aren’t drawing.

Get more parking around the stadium. Have plenty of sports bars in tents around the stadium. Have live music and plenty of beer. Make it an event.

The fact that U of H is kicking a football in TDECU stadium means absolutely F’n nothing.

The event used to be a great tailgating scene

3 Likes