If Carlton keeps this up…

I don’t think Carlton can get to the point of Dreamlike defense but his offense sure looks good, especially on the boards.

Nobody will ever have Dreamlike defense…

3 Likes

UH was notorious for adding 2 inches to all the players heights back in the PSJ days.

2 Likes

Maybe at some point but I know for sure he wore LA Gear for awhile.

1 Like

Not sure of Dreams actual height, but I can guarantee he could get his hand up to about 13 or 14 foot faster than anyone I have ever seen.

He was extremely fast off the floor.

While not nearly as tall, it is what I think about when I see Taze jump.

2 Likes

He rocked Etonics back in the 80s. Hashtag Unbeatable

3 Likes

Yes, I remember the Etonics….more known for golf shoes.

1 Like

I was thinking of these etonics…

1 Like

When he was at UH, I stood next to then Akeem several times and he seemed every bit of 8’-6" to me. BTW, I am 5-6.

10 Likes

I think someone who is slowly but surely honing his talents towards NBA talent is Fabian White.
Hitting 40% from the treys so far is astonishing considering his previous four years.
I love Fabian and would be beautiful to see him cash in on all that hard work after suffering a very disappointing injury. If he doesn’t get drafted then maybe G-League.
My opinion is we need him to have a big year to have any chance of dancing very long

5 Likes

According to his draft metrics, he was 6-10.

Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon had long arms but what made him special was his brain eyes coordination. He was so quick at creating space with body that it was almost impossible to defend against him. You all know the story. He developed this uncanny timing playing soccer and handball I believe. His copyrighted move is really a soccer move. He re-created for basketball. I never saw Wilt Chamberlain play but IMO they are the two best centers to play the game. Both were great physically but IMO their amazing “timing” is what made the difference. Remember that Chamberlain was a good volley ball player too.

1 Like

Yep. He was 6-10 and maybe a fraction. I remember his height mentioned back in the day, but the Rockets listed him at 7. It fit the Twin Towers narrative.

I still get annoyed when analysts refer to him a 7 footer. What he did was seems more impressive from a 6-10 guy when you consider how many 7 footers are out there.

1 Like

I knew he wasn’t a true 7ft center but 6"10 seems short

He’s answered the call so far…White is definitely up there on my list of all time favorite Coogs.

I’m 6’3.25” (or at least I was at 18). Shared an elevator with Akeem, Winslow, and others in 84(?). He’s definitely not 7’. Probably not 6’11. I’d estimate 6’10. Perhaps +.5.

Fun discussion, but height <> ability (I should know :sunglasses:).

Who would you pick , Manute Bol or Akeem?

Bill Walton has been stoned since 1970…

3 Likes

Believe me, 6-10 isn’t short. I’m 5-6 and I know short; everything is built close to the ceiling except my butt.

2 Likes

I don’t see how these stats don’t get an nba look…

6 Likes

I think they will.

If he keeps this up he is 1st team AAC

2 Likes