If you enjoy the 70's & 80's

If you’re a fan of Depeche Mode…

If you’re a fan of Miami Vice-esque music…

I’ll will be adding some of these in the near future. I have my shows planned in advance however I am taking notes from the vids posted above. Thanks.

@wewantyoursoul @HoustonCoogster @92010Coogs

Added some of your suggestions to the rotation. Any others, let me know. Thanks.

3 Likes

Not sure if this would ever find a place on the station…just really into the synthwave/retrowave sounds right now. Continually running into really cool sounding NEW music that sounds straight out of 1987…

I’ll probably just keep throwing stuff onto this thread just to entertain myself. Please ignore if not interested. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea, I can’t play it cause it’s not late 80’s or early, early 90’s but your right, it does sound right out of the decade. Keep them coming.

1 Like

Vicious Pink … One of my absolute favs. Wish they hit it much bigger than they did. Love their sound.

For those of you still interested, I have added some of your music request into the rotation. Just took me some time. You should hear a few in the coming weeks. The Friday Night Powerhits airs Friday nights at 9pm central on Houston Radio Platinum dot com, our free app (find that in your app store), now on Live365, Amazon Alexa and all Google devices. I think that covers it. Thank you!

1 Like

Once went to a Queen concert at Sam Houston Coliseum to hear the warm up act, Thin Lizzy. Never a big Queen fan.

Bought Elvis Costello’s 1st album on spec. Became a big fan of him and the Clash

Forgot to mention, Costello was touring off the album at the Texas Opry House. A bunch of us got in my VW Bus and went to the show. We were the audience. Had a great time drinking beer with the band. Assholes kept hitting on my gf the entire night. She thought they were gross.

1 Like