Inside look at UH Football Facilities

Our football facilities have come a long way since before Herman.
https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1285667463020019712?s=20

13 Likes

seeing this video reminds me how special our ipf is. it’s one of the very few , if not the only one i have seen with the side section for the linemen to practice on.

8 Likes

great video. They show all of our national awards, I had forgotten Case won the Sammy Baugh award.

7 Likes

Our facilities are top of the line. They are up there with any P5 program, even surpassing some. Very impressive when you see them up close and personal.

12 Likes

Is this all in lieu of building a football only building next to the Indoor arena?

The only football building hasn’t been talked about in a while. I believe the last conversation was with CDH and he said that they needed people to give a lot of money.

Although they have the $40M for the football ops building, they wanted to get $20M more to repurpose the Alumni Athletic Building. I assume that extra money will not come until we start winning again then donors will start giving again.

It probably won’t come until the economy opens back up completely. They have to make money to give money; you can’t expect people to give away their seed corn.

9 Likes

Not the best of times to be raising donor based buildings on college campuses. The stock market will drive it but the ecoomy and it foundation needs to return also. The football season being at risk is a huge consideration for the foreseeable future. The world could look very different a year from now from both a good and a bad way. Lots of variability to the future.

5 Likes

Houston is the World Leader in exactly 2 things…Oil and Medical.
Both are in the dumpster right now. Charities are getting creamed right now, and universities will feel the pinch from all sides.
Worst money raising environment ever…

Great video. Thank you for posting.

1 Like

I heard (don’t remember source) that the weight room of the new facility would be located in the side of the IPF that is used for linemen practice. It’s like a shed (don’t know what else to call it) off the main field. Has anyone else heard that?

The extra space in the IPF makes it unique. Right now I believe we have the best and largest IPF in the Big12. I’m betting the weight room will be in the new football operations building like at other schools.

2 Likes

We have everything a player needs to be successful. I am so grateful to the donors that made all the sports facilities possible.

4 Likes

That was the original plan. But the coaches decided they liked it for line drills, so the rest of the team cold practice in the field. So now it will be part of the ops building

4 Likes

Yep that is what I heard too.
Go Coogs!

Any idea when the renderings might come out?

I liked football better when it was dirty and spartan. Hope no one gets any dirt under their fingernails.

I honestly think once we get a football operations building it will open a whole new world of recruiting for UH.

There’s a video on the basketball teams facility and it looks top of the line. Stuff like that impresses recruits.

I hope our football team can become a Jordan brand school as well. That will help so much. Maybe the move to the Big 12 will help with that

3 Likes

That is so true. Back in the early '80s when I was a young lad working in a warehouse for the summer, the manager of my department did not want to use the new computers to keep track of inventory and orders. Well, he was fired.

You guys should have seen what we had in the 1970’s.