Internet, do your thing (Fertitta Center Petition)

Signed and shared on socials. Please do the same y’all (current UH students taking over CV3 accounts)

I attend most all of the games in person so I am not too concerned about the placement of cameras. The truth is that the cameras are there to view the game action, not the students or the fans.

If you attend a game(s) at the Fertitta Center you know it looks terrific in person and beats the he!! out of what the comparatively empty Hoff looked like in the pre-renovation era - cameras or no cameras.

2 Likes

That’s not true, the cameras always capture the fans
but it’s about the perception it leaves on perspective fans, potential recruits and the impression left on anyone who is watching…
There is a strong perception/narrative that we have no fans and aren’t a top tier program because of that (from what “looks like” a half empty arena on top ranked teams) …and also the potential reputation of arena, and its cultural impact (ie everyone knows how rowdy and ruckus Cameron indoor is, and a place to be)

Covid made it okay this year, but go to reddit, any sports board talking about our game, or social media during any UH basketball game the 1st 2 years of the Fertitta center; You’ll get a lot of "houston has a brand new arena, are a top 20 team, and half their arena is empty " not realizing that the game itself are sellouts, the cameras are just focused on the luxury season ticket holders who dont show up half the time, who also tend to be the least energetic…

duke cameras face the fans

Here are our highlights vs LSU in 2018. This game was a full sellout, one of the largest crowds at Fertitta (one our best showings)… skip around the highlights… yes, the arena does look half empty from the camera angle, despite it being a sellout (until everyone started standing in the end covering the empty seats ),flip the camera to the other side and it would have looked were more exciting

4 Likes

The main purpose of this was to also share it out and showcase what showcasing the students DOES for a University and it’s admissions stats.

Man I so wish we had a stronger fanbase. In time!

2 Likes

And I wish our fans would get into their dang seats before the game starts…

3 Likes

It is so much better than it was. For many years our program saws built as one that no one cared about, even if we win. We are selling out games so I am not complaining.

Since it’s the offseason can we get a thread going about how much better it was in the hoff when you could spread out and relax? Kick your feet up? No line in the bathroom? No need to leave right at the final buzzer to beat all the cars to I45? You could yell at a player and they’d hear you? Those were the days.

3 Likes

Oh and the band sounded better since there was no other noise to compete against.

Of course, it’s easier to sell out 7K than 10K, but, yes, it’s great to be able to state sellouts.

1 Like

Bumping because it would be fun to see this implemented for the 22-23 season at least.

The court cannot be turned around. If you did it would look backwards on TV. Stop bringing that up it is never going to happen.

Because the cameras are not going to move. So UH at the center of the court would be facing backwards on TV. You want people watching on TV to see UH. Every basketball court is done this way for TV college and NBA.

Which is the reason why they will never turn the court around.

Also it would miss up the pregame video and player intros.

They could add more cameras to show different angles along with the main cameras.
They could have more cameras showing the students. But the cameras that show the game on TV can not move. They cannot film the game showing the students in the background. The court would be backwards on TV.

Everyone in basketball college and NBA. You can not turn the court around it would be backwards on TV. Where would the cameras go the other side. There is no place for them. It not possible. Dukes court is the same as ours you want people to see your logo on TV. Before the renovation of Hofheinz the cameras where in the same place.

Athletics needs market the club seating and find ways to make it not look that way but it’s not going to look 100% full ever when people in the club can go to the bar and get food and drinks and stand and walk around while watching the game from the bar.

I get what you are saying but Premium seating options is what sells now what makes money in sports now days.

Look at how the Astros have renovated Minute Maid Park the past couple seasons. Take out regular seating adding premium seating. You make more money.

TDECU Stadium and the Fertitta Center are the same way. If I sell a club seat or a suite you make more money. People like premium seating options. They like being able to set in the club or courtside at the game and have access to premium options pregame, at halftime, and after the game.

Everyone is adding more premium seating options in the sports world.

Maybe we should get a hi def Zoom background they can overlay behind court and bench with fans filling each of the club seats. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Take it apart and rotate. Change the cameras.

Students sell. Not gray seats that are half empty. I got complaints from spectators in Virginia over this.

1 Like

so now he’s getting into human trafficking :sunglasses:

1 Like

If the camera is on the students, then I hope that y’all are acting crazy the whole game instead of just standing around.

1 Like

It’ll probably prompt em. CV3 is expanding and making a mark lol. We call and signal chants from one side of the bench to the other

They should do like 2nd Baptist in Houston does, and close the doors / block the aisles when they tip off and only allow up or down aisles during breaks in the action. JMHO. This past game, there were people trying to find their seats with less than 6 minutes left in the first half . . . . . pitiful . . . . .

1 Like

" never" is strong wording for something that has already been announced to be in discussion

also the UH at the center of the court is easily fixable, you are aware logos arent cemented in? … it wouldnt take much to flip it, that would be an odd reason to prevent it…

for most courts the hardwood is removeable

4 Likes

Yes, perception is everything. That’s what caused employers to hire the wrong candidates and what caused recruits to go to the wrong schools.

2 Likes