Is Ramsey our new Kicker?

He did a great job on the onside kick I hope we give him a shot to see how he does on field goals.

4 Likes

He kicked the last extra point so I assume that’s the case.

2 Likes

Good… Baxa ain’t it.

8 Likes

I am thinking the kicker from Ridge Point originally started but had a couple of kicks go out of bounds at UTSA?

No that was baxa

1 Like

Ok well that’s good and maybe it is time for a change…besides Ridge Point is a good school to have positive contact with…speaking of RP, Ceaser had another good game last night…

3 Likes

After the failed onside kick that didn’t go 10 yard, I said it’s time to try a new kicker. Glad the coaching staff had the same thoughts.

4 Likes

We can’t afford to keep Baxa as our XP/FG kicker.

Ramsey is the man.

5 Likes

YES! Executed that onside kick perfect whether we recovered it or not he got the bounce. Baxa can’t be counted on, Ramsey deserves his shot.

2 Likes

Perfect onside kick but Memphis choked by not knowing the new fair catch rules on onside kicks. If Any Memphis player near the ball would be raised his hand after the first bounce, no Houston player would have been allowed to touch it until the player raising his hand had a chance to catch it

That’s a really STUPID new rule.

Pretty much nullifies the whole strategy behind onside kicks.

5 Likes

“players safety” they are saying

The trick will be getting the ball to hit the ground a second time. Then the fair catch rule does not apply.

The onsides kick by Ramsey hit the ground off the tee and fair catch was not applicable. I think he deserves a chance to start and see what he can do.

As for Baxa, he seems to have been in a funk lately and may just need to sit out a while. But if Ransey does well, he may have lost his spot forever. Sorry for the kid, but that’s life.

1 Like

No, the rule says the fair catch is applicable if in the air or first bounce. Hence the second bounce and its importance.

Baxa has been in a funk all year. He hooked two KO’s out of bounds against UTSA.

2 Likes

You’re right, here’s the rule:
According to the NCAA rule book, “a fair catch of a free kick is a catch by a Team B player who has made a valid signal during an untouched free kick.” Additionally, the rule book states that “during a free kick, a player of the receiving team in position to receive the ball has the same kick-catch and fair-catch protection whether the ball is kicked directly off the tee or is immediately driven to the ground, strikes the ground once and goes into the air in the manner of the ball kicked directly off the tee.”

I can imagine there being a lot of replay reviews over whether the onside kick bounced twice or not.

They need to change the rule so that a fair catch can only be called if the ball is kicked past the 50 yard line.

2 Likes

I thought Baxa hit a 47 yarder?