Is Ramsey our new Kicker?

Can Ramsey kick it out the end zone on KOs ??

If not, then better keep Baxa for KOs !

No, his long is 37 yards. he’s 9-13 on FG’s and 17-18 on xp’s. He’s also kicked 4 ko’s out of bounds.

I’d rather have a kicker that can’t kick it our of the back of the end zone than one that can’t keep the kick inbounds.

3 Likes

Why not let Baxa kick off and try long FGs and the other kid kick shorter and PATS?

1 Like

Agree. Need to know Ramsey’s range.

Hopefully the ST coach knows.

I imagine the coaches know how far Ramsey can kick it.

Baxa had a bad game, his first as far as I know. Good that we have some depth at kicker.

One would hope, however the OC prefers rugby scrums at the 1 yard line 

so you never know :sunglasses:.

1 Like

For those of you that remember him, Russel Erxlaben when he was at UT had a cannon for a leg. But, he didn’t have a lot of height on his kicks. Baxa is similar from what I’ve seen. I saw Ramsey kick balls over the netting on his XP.

With redshirt rules as they are, if we can use Ramsey without burning his shirt, we’ve played 6 games and used him in one, that means we can use him in 3 more games before his shirt is burned. I say keep him in the “in case of emergency” glass case. But, I don’t have a lot of faith in Baxa.

2 Likes

Ramsey used his redshirt last season

Is Ramsey a good field goal kicker?

If that’s the case and based on what I saw Saturday, I would say it’s time for Mr. Baxa to have a seat on the bench.

Its done. Accuracy over power, we won’t be going for long field goals anymore.

That is so retarded in so many levels! Basically, they want to make it nearly impossible for the team that is trailing to be able to come back and win!? That would kill the excitement of the game! Basically they’re taking away the suspense and drama out of the game, which would kill the excitement and nervous anticipation that make football exciting in the first place!

We weren’t hitting any long ones with Baxa anyway. Long of 37 yards.

1 Like

That’s a dumb rule, even after a bounce? Stupid. My question is if a guy calls a fair catch can the defender jump up and effect the ball if he doesn’t make contact with the player? Also on punts its legal to push a man into the returner that has called fair catch, so could you do the same on onsides kick?

Neither does Miami, which is why he was benched! If you knew a guy can’t get the job done why in the world would you put him in there? Baxa is so bad that most high school kickers kick better than him! I think he was benched for good by Miami after missing 3 consecutive short field goals! I wouldn’t let him be my high school kicker! Shoot, not even my middle school! It seems the bigger the kick, i.e. the more important the kick is for the team, the more he misses! Who needs that?

I want to know that as well. But I have no idea that you could push someone into the returner that calls a fair catch! Is that a new rule as well? Both rules seem outrageous to me! Who came up with that rule? Maybe one of the blue-blood teams lost a game due to an onside kick by an opposing team and now they want to change the rule?

One million times better than Baxa! Is that good enough for you?

LMAO!

Baxa had the first kickoff that landed on the SMU 10 and was almost run back for a TD. Do we not have someone who can kick it in to the end zone?

1 Like