It Almost Didn't Happen

Guess What?

The PAC chose not to expand.
The PAC never sent us an invitation.
The Big 12 decided to expand with 4 schools.
Houston received an invitation from the Big 12 and they accepted.

They rest is hearsay.

10 Likes

Who cares! We are in and letā€™s position ourselves for a PAC invite. First order of business is to get rid of DH and position our football program for success.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not how I read it. We know the Texas members of the Irate 8 didnā€™t want UH pulling potential recruits from them. Apparently Tillman made some calls to politicians to press those schools to back off for the good of Texas economy.
#GoCoogs!

3 Likes

This!

2 Likes

Why are you guys so triggered by this? There are direct quotes in here from Pez and Tilman.

We likely faced some resistance from the other Texas schools and Tilman used political connections to get over the hump.

We are in. Thatā€™s all that matters.

8 Likes

Fertitta made them an offer they couldnā€™t refuseā€¦

3 Likes

It was this close to not happening

1 Like

:pinching_hand::pinching_hand:.

I said it once and Iā€™ll say it againā€¦

I RIDE OR DIE WITH TILLMAN FERTITTA!

3 Likes

This is an article to bait the more touchy of our followers to drive some clicks, and to pump TF a bit.

But really the correct answer here isā€¦ Weā€™re in, who tf needs to ask how the delicious sausage for made?

2 Likes

The issue that we all need to attend to right away is the state of the football program as it is right now. We have had 3-4 years of bad performance and this must not continue.

I would guess this would have probably been the cause of the hesitancy of the Big12 initially before Mr. Fertitta stepped in big time.

1 Like

I heard the same thing tonight from a person who works in the athletic department. Tillman had to push through the legislature to combat pushback from Tech and Baylor

5 Likes

I guess thatā€™s why UT and Baylor always used their clout and leverage. Its nice being an inside gangster for a change.

And screw Tech and Baylor.

10 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s how these deals are made apparently. Favors and subtle threats. Welcome to P5 football.

1 Like

It almost didnā€™t happen until it did. Which one counts again?

2 Likes

Not sure if I want to know what was exchanged to make that final push. I know the Fertittas are old Galveston moneyā€¦

3 Likes

Yeaā€¦and connected to the Fertittas from Jersey?

So that quote about the Texas teams not having any reservations of inviting Houston was pure crap then? Anyways, whatever. Weā€™re in. Thatā€™s all that matters.

Strongly disagree. He will report what is happening but Iā€™m pretty sure he is not generally supportive of UH. I have followed his work and listened to many of his interviews over the years. Also, other than an article last week, how has he been ā€œadvocating for UH to be in the Big 12 for a while now?ā€